So Angry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Angry!

So, I haven't been around too much lately. Life has been absolutely insane for about the last 3 weeks.

I got a new job. Much better pay, and bennies. However, most of the better pay comes from working 50 hrs a week, so I have NO time to do anything.

I got Fu@#$*% E. Coli, the bad one (057..?). The day it broke me and I finally decided to seek medical attention, my wife went into labor. We had to find someone to watch our 3 year old son so that we could BOTH go to the hospital. I got out of the ER @ 12:30pm and my new son was born @like 1:30pm. I was still riding my 3 hits of morphine from the ER.

Now on to the anger. I had hardly touched Megathrust in weeks. So I decided last week that I was going to take it to work for the first time. The ride takes me 45 min through COLD coastal 50 deg air at 5am. With about 10 miles left on my ride the bike gets noticeably louder. It is dark though so I can't see what the deal is. I decided I would pull off the next off ramp to check it out. However, that wasn't soon enough. With a metallic clink sound the bike suddenly got VERY loud, and suddenly I had an idea why it was loud. I took the off ramp prepared to find my baffle gone. However, I was not so lucky. THE ENTIRE MUFFLER WAS GONE!! WTF!!! With straight pipe screaming I doubled back to look for the muffler. But it was dark and drizzly and I couldn't find it. I ended up coming back with my company truck and finding it.

Needless to say, a 70mph drop didn't do it any favors. I had to beat the fitting round with hammer and the beat the muffler back on, hard. It now looks like SH!^. I haven't ridden it since, because every time I go in the garage it pisses my off and I just leave in disgust. A new exhaust is probably the only damn part on the whole bike that can't be replaced cheaply.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Sorry to hear about all your misfortune, but congratulations on the birth of your new son! ! My children give me a lot of relief and comfort when crap is going bad.
    Looking at what I can see from the pictures, I was wondering If you couldn't pull the baffles, straighten out what you can and than just go with a flat black, high temp top coat for your exhaust system. Flat black has a way of hiding flaws. Someone (MRO) posted pics of theirs the other day and it looked really good.
    http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...threadid=19661
    Dan
    Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
    while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

When you get over the anger turn it into a project and consider an R1 muffler conversion like Denny Z did on his black beauty.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

That's too bad jess - congrats on the rugrat though - your life will never be the same!

When my second was born I had slipped a disc in my back and caught a bout of the flu - so I sympathise. These things always seem to come together.

Hope it everything goes on the up from here.
        Si Parker
        '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

Congrats on baby #2 Jessie.

Sorry the bike is giving you fits but you were about ready for a new project on the bike anyway, right. Since we are coming into winter anyway you may not be riding as much. Better to have it happen now rather than the peak of riding season.

With all that you have done on this bike I'm sure you will come up with something pretty dang cool for a new exhaust.
          1979 XS11SF (Shiny Red Sled)
          1982 XJ11 (winter project- Black Beauty)
          1992 XT225 (yard sale find)

Decide-Commit-Succeed

Comment

Well, I really didn't need a project. I am still right in the middle of the FI conversion. However, I sucked it up replaced the mounting bolt, use lock washer on BOTH side of the bolt, and went for a ride; a One-Full-Tank ride. Hard twisties, beautiful scenery, and cool air define Highway 36. I found out that from my CFN station to Mad River Burger Bar (a popular bike stop) is exactly a 99 mile round trip. PERFECT! I love my bike and riding it. I needed that ride. Ahhhhhh.
            '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Hi 81xsproject,

Sorry your bike got hurt, but you were fairly lucky; I was riding in a big group a few years ago, when a friend on a Ducati 450 single lost his muffler.

We picked it up within two minutes, but we were too late; it was completely 2-D....... run over dead-centre by an 18-wheeler.....

To add insult to injury, there was not a proper replacement part in the country, so the poor Duke spent the next few years with a "Universal" silencer fitted...........

AlanB
              If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

81XS...I have a 1 year old used MAC 4 into 1 that I dont need ...I'm not sure what it was new but if you're interested make me an offer and I be glad to let you have it...actually how do you feel abt $200 for it?...if you cant afford that then make me an offer...I dont really care to make alot off it...just want to help you out.Its not perfect...some battery acid stained it on the bottom but once mounted it isnt that noticable.
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I appreciate the offer. Not to sound picky, (curiousity mainly) but do you have any pics of the exhaust? I just don't know what the Macs look like. Hell, I don't even know what brand the one I have is.. Honestly I will probably hold out and use the hideousness of the one I have to motivate me to get an X-pipe . However, as if the new edition weren't enough, we are trying buy a house, too. Anyways, I don't know if I can afford it now, but would love to see it still.
                  '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by 81xsproject
                    I appreciate the offer. Not to sound picky, (curiousity mainly) but do you have any pics of the exhaust? I just don't know what the Macs look like. Hell, I don't even know what brand the one I have is.. Honestly I will probably hold out and use the hideousness of the one I have to motivate me to get an X-pipe . However, as if the new edition weren't enough, we are trying buy a house, too. Anyways, I don't know if I can afford it now, but would love to see it still.
                    81XS...no problems just wanting to help out...hers a pic of my '82 XJ before I installed a Jardine 4 to 1...
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im

81XS...no problems just wanting to help out...hers a pic of my '82 XJ before I installed a Jardine 4 to 1...
                      So thats what those look like when the bottom pipes haven't been flattened by rail road tracks.
                      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
                      X