No announcement yet.

Titanium Armor Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a wankle rotary engine for Karts out about 2 years now...makes 48hp and weighs about 37lbs..looks to be just a bit bigger than a decent sized chain saw motor. I went to the track at Ocala FL, where they were testing one and it was as fast as a 125 shifter cart oe faster (very fast)...they make a turbo kit for the motor that ups the power to 100hp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKayagHUCw8
    Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

Here's a Karting video. 250cc supercarts at the Isle of Mann street circuit.

These Karts hold overall lap records at several racing circuits in Europe, overall meaning they are faster than anything on wheels at those tracks.

Scott Pruett used to hold an overall at Riverside CA, in one of these.

Up to 3Gs cornering force.

They won't let you race one of these unless you have 3 seasons of 125 shifter experience...still fatalities are not uncommon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf3cJ...eature=related
      Last edited by Guy_b_g; 09-19-2008, 07:32 PM.
      Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by latexeses
        [B]Here is one for the power freaks.

Why? ...because we can

I love it. anyone have $185,000 that I can borrow. haha
        Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
        Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
        Pod Filters
        DynoJet Kit
        T.C.'s Fuse Block
        Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
        Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
        V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

Why?...Because we can.

I think you would need to be glued to that rocket to keep from getting left behind..
          You are right...What a ride!
          RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

I'm lost!

So we started at Titanium, went to spark plug in the exhaust, rotary engine, framedraggin', radial engines, turbine bikes and then rockets!
            What a hijack!
            Last edited by Montreux_Blue; 09-19-2008, 11:19 PM.
            http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Re: I'm lost!

Originally posted by Montreux_Blue
              So we started at Titanium, went to spark plug in the exhaust, rotary engine, framedraggin', radial engines, turbine bikes and then rockets!
              What a hijack!
              ...and now for something completely different!

Anyone ever thought about an alcohol powered bike? After getting a few lung-fulls standing next to the Army dragster at an event in FL, that's BOUND to keep tailgaters away.
              1981 XS1100S (former)
              2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Comment

Nutten new about alcohol fueled bikes. Speedway racers have been running it for years.

Unless you are going to run more than 15 to 1 compression ratio, you're wasting your money.

Geezer
                Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Re: I'm lost!

Originally posted by Montreux_Blue
                  What a hijack!
                  Okay Montreux,
                  Yesterday I had seen an elderly couple on a chinese scooter. I think it had spark plugs and I'm sure it had an exhaust. As i was viewing this, a late model RX-7 passed (you know the type-rotory engine), The lady's frame, appeared to me, to be dragging. A P-51 passed thru Hill AFB last week, nothing like the sound of those radial engines. We were at a 7-11 and the owner was wearing a turbin, I think he was Sikh. He was yelling at all these kid on bikes. I pulled into the street and a Hayabusa flew by. Man those things are rockets. Anyways, the couple on the scooter had those titanium skid plates on thier jackets." I think the Old guy may have been fueled by alcohol.

My name is Dan and I am a "Thread-Jacker!
                  Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
                  Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
                  while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Okay Montreux, Yesterday I had seen an elderly couple on a chinese scooter. I think it had spark plugs and I'm sure it had an exhaust. As i was viewing this, a late model RX-7 passed (you know the type-rotory engine), The lady's frame, appeared to me, to be dragging. A P-51 passed thru Hill AFB last week, nothing like the sound of those radial engines. We were at a 7-11 and the owner was wearing a turbin, I think he was Sikh. He was yelling at all these kid on bikes. I pulled into the street and a Hayabusa flew by. Man those things are rockets. Anyways, the couple on the scooter had those titanium skid plates on thier jackets." I think the Old guy may have been fueled by alcohol.
                    Uhhhhh........

P51s had a V12. Not a radial. A,B and C models used an Allison, and the D used a Rolls Royce.

If it werent for that, I would have believed your whole story.
                    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

This is fun, maybe we should do this more often!
                      http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

That 51D used a "PACKARD" built Rolls

Comment

Did you see

the Jesse James show that they made a trike out of the diesel engine taken from a truck tractor?
                          J.D."Jack" Smith
                          1980G&S "Halfbreed"
                          1978E straight job
                          "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Re: Did you see

Originally posted by xs11jack
                            the Jesse James show that they made a trike out of the diesel engine taken from a truck tractor?
                            No, but I've seen a late '90s Mustang a guy put together to drag with that used the turbos out of a large piece of Cat equipments.
                            1981 XS1100S (former)
                            2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Comment

Re: Did you see

Originally posted by xs11jack
                              It wasn't much of a trike, more of a 3 wheeled tractor... It's just as well that show was canceled.

Geezer
                              Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I had an old RX-7, it was a real blast to drive, I though on several occasions about how to fit the wankle into a bike. 2:1 HP to ci ratio...righteous! could be fun, I would love to use the wankle out of an RX-8...230 HP 1.3l, gotta love it, could be a boat load of fun. have a nice day and ride safe
                                I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Working...
                                X