f'n drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f'n drivers

well today i had a dr.s appt to go to. i also had a few things i had to drop off at the post office so i decide to go there first.
    well i leave the post office and go up to the atm beside it. theres this barney colored dodge caravan already there using it. so i pull up and wait. the driver pulls ahead to pull out onto the main dragg, so i start to creep forward and the next thing i see is the van backing up pretty damn fast. before i could evan hit the horn he backed up over the front of my bike almost knocking me over!!!
    he was freaking out like his just killed me or something. he gave me all his info and said he will pay for the damages.
    all that was damaged was my front fender. the van bumber went up over my tire and folded the fender underneath its self that i couldnt move the bike because it was holding my tire still. he did help me bend it enough to get to the dr.s and home.
    i asked what the hell did he back over me for and he said he left his atm card in the machine and didnt see me behind him even though i could see his face in the rear view mirror the whole time.
    when i did get home and take the fender off, i looked over everything up front and there was no other damage. i even took the bike out and hit a few turns pretty fast and took her up to 95mph and didnt get no wobbles or shakes and any problems at all. so the forks or nothing is screwed up, just need a fender.
    79 xs1100f- standard- $50.00 runner

Well it sounds like you were lucky you didnt get hurt.It seems like when that kind of thing happens everything goes into slow motion.Glad your ok and the guy will fix it.We are never safe it seems even when sitting still..
    80 SG XS1100
    14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

I have a front fender for an 80 special.

Its only $13,500. I'll split it with you.
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Had the same thing happen to my Chev Cavalier. 3/4 ton GMC in front of me, decided he didn't want to go out that way, snicked 'er into reverse and backed over the front of the car!!!! This was after I made eye contact with him in his mirror. He actually coped a 'tude with me. Wanted to give me a $100 for the damage (mashed hood, busted grill, both turnsignals and a headlight), said it was an old car and not really with fixing!!! Yea, it is old but it was perfectly straight, in excellent condition. Called the cops, got a report, his insurance forked over $800 to fix the car. All is well now.
        When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Ive had that twice, once I was plowing snow in an apartment complex where I worked. I saw the girl get in her car, and the lights came on rather fast.. I could tell she was in a hurry and had it in my head to keep an eye on her. Sure enough she flew right outta that parking spot just as I was getting up to her.. backing out and to her right, which put her right into my plow.. Well I saw that it was gonna happen so I left the plow down to keep slowing me and slammed the truck in reverse and got it moving backwards and picked the plow back up and braced for impact.. SLAM>> she hit me while I was backing up away from her.. Oh well.. she was ok but hopefully pulled her head out of her butt.. Not really though she acted like she never saw me and what was I doing there.. Then took off in a hurry.. Probably couldnt see thru all the makeup and crap that they put on their faces everyday (like clowns).

Anyway the bad one that scared me was this old man. I was in a one of these "cube vans" ya know its like the front of a van with a big box on the back.. I had stopped at mcdonalds for lunch. Had to go inside cause you cant go thru a drivethru in one of those trucks. So when I was going to leave there was an older guy in a pickup in front of me. That pickup was full of pieces of long steel that stuck out pretty far past his bed.. well here I was just sitting here behind this guy.. He goes to pull out but for whatever reason changes his mind (mabye couldnt make it in time whatever).. and he throws his truck in reverse and backs up right into me (I still had not moved..).. there were cars behind me and I knew it so nothing I could do..

Now heres the scary part.. he backed into me and all that steel went forward right into his rear window (pickup truck).. I was pretty sure that I was watching someone impale their own head on a piece of metal.. cause it all went thru that rear window. So there was a moment of OH CRAP!!!!>> I jumped out of the truck and ran up there and pulled the driver door open like bill bixby in the hulk.. there was that old man crouched down in the seat under all that steel. Apparantly he had realized he was about to hit me at the last second and just got down.. WHEW>>

Still bothers me a little thinking of that guy..
          XS1100 F/G (79 Bike/80 Motor)
          Grab a tetanus shot and jump on!!!

Comment

Working...
          X