Bagged and Bodydropped!!! (my hobby!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagged and Bodydropped!!! (my hobby!)

Just thought i'd post up my other project i've been working on. This one actually takes first priority over the bike. Although i've been to broke to put this one together. Anywas, in case you were wondering i'm not completly crazy and insane. This is a fullsize chevy regular cab swb 89 model (98 gmc front clip). I got it 4 years ago and decided to put airbag suspension on it and then decided to go all out and stockfloor bodydrop it.

Basicall i installed an adjustable suspension on it to allow it to lay the frame flat on the ground. Then took it completly apart and chopped the frame down 3 inches and boxed it to allow the body to drop 3 inches leaving the floor intact (besides the trans tunnel which i raised for easier clearance).

But this is just a fun hobby truck. No heat no ac no power windows or locks or nothen. Just bare bones meat and potatoes. It was originally a 350/5 speed. Now it's a 350/turbo 350 auto (and yes that was a bitch but totally worth it!). Anyways, this is just for the gearheads and for the "a truck shouldn't be lowerd it kills it's purpose" old guys like my dad who just don't get it! lol!

This is the same reason i plan on chopping my xs1100. Because it will look more cool with ape hangers then it does with the stock handle bars!

So just for the enthusiasts to hate on someone. Here you go. And just so you know all the welding and fabrication was done by a certified welder. And i went to school for suspension and frame work. As well as auto body collision refinishing. So it's not like i'm just doing this to see how bad i can screw it up. Anyways, enjoy the pic's. And let the criticism flow like water!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=27752983

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=3418405

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=3418417

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=3418463

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=3418472
    Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Dragging steel

Very cool Bow im building a 39 Chevy pick up now i z-d the frame dropped her down running C-5 vette suspension a 434 sbc with 6 spd . lol just dont lose ya air and watch out for ants on teh highway .

John
    79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
    80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
    06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
    2000 Concours
    84 Kawi KLR600
    79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
    79 XR250
    Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
    John

Comment

i lose the air ALOT! hahaha! It's like the 4 of july when the body hits and i check the rearview! hahaha! But thats why i built it! Its the originaly camera whore. Rightfully named the bignasty!
      Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Comment

Anywas, in case you were wondering i'm not completly crazy and insane.

And this is supposed to change our minds HOW???

Tod
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

it's not i guess hahahaha! I just get bored easy with the hole "hey my truck looks identical to his!" So i have to be different all the time! I was just bored and figured i'd let you guys know what it was i do in my spare time when i'm not riden the yamaha.

Comment

That's a boss truck!

Do you weld plates on the underside to make the sparks or do you figure that by the time the frame finally wears in half it's time to get another truck anyway?

Regards,

Scott
            -- Scott
            _____
            ♬
            2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
            1979 XS1100F: parts
            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.
            ♬

Comment

So it's not like i'm just doing this to see how bad i can screw it up.
              Don't forget it is a GM product. The screwing up was all done for you on the factory assembly line.

Looks like you are doing a fair job at unscrewing it. hehe
              Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

hahaha, no theres steel blocks under the frame rail to make it to where the frame and body are level. That way when i let the air out of the system the body mounts don't bing or hold the weight of the frame.

So technically i'll never drag frame. I'll just drag either blocks or body! Which either way is gonna be cool in my book!

Yeah they kinda had a different idea then what i would have designed. But these trucks are fairly decent in the design as far as stuctural integrity goes. It's a factory boxed 1/4 frame with press formed rails. And the frame is like a 1/4 inch thick steel. So it's not like they were tryen to save money on materials.

But yeah it's gonna be alot easier to work on soon. Painless wiring harness, tubbed wheel wells for 22 inch wheels at all corners. All new brake system (100% new, calipers booster hoses brake pads master cylinder steel lines are new EVERYTHING in the brake system is new! ) I'm tryen to make this truck 100% SIMPLE to work on. I'm tired of the fusible link wire b/s and the crappy design they had when building these trucks.

Anyways, i'll post a few more pic's when i get my harness and my new fuel cell in the mail! Still gotta run my electrical and fuel lines! Anyways, thanks for the support fellas!

Comment

I never saw a worse thing better done.

Hi Bow,
                  when you see a vehicle conversion that you absolutely hate the very concept of and you really want to despise the guy who did it, to find that he used superb skills and methodology to build the thing somehow makes it even worse.
                  So congratulations.
                  I suppose.
                  Fred Hill, S'toon
                  XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                  "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Thanks, i think? hahaha. I don't mean to be a douche at all. I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet. Trust me i've taken alot of flack over this truck from my dad and my grandpa. They all think a truck is supposed to be a truck. And it's supposed to haul stuff and not be lowered. ANd i get that. But i haven't taken anything away from this truck. I can still haul well over 1000lbs (which is half a ton) and it actually rides like a cadillac. So believe it or not it still functions like a regular truck only it looks better (imo) and rides a TON BETTER!

And i'm not tryen to sway anyone's idea of what a truck is supposed to be or look like. I'm just bored and felt like sharing my other interest in soimething i love to do. This is the first lowered truck i've built. But not the last. I've had others i didn't build tho.

And on the bright side at least i'm not lifting it way up in there air with 44' boggers on it and completly distorting the pinion angle and then "tearing up" the mud hole by the lake. It's a 2 wheel drive truck. I never meant to climb hills. I just thought it was cool to look at on the ground and most of the women i know love the hell out of it cause it goes up and down and side to side and makes pretty sparks fly out the back.

So again i know i'm not gonna convert anyone on here. Just giving you guys something to look at cause regardless of liking it or not it's still different. And that was my goal.

Again not tryen to prove how big my testikyles are here by starten e-fights. Just got bored and figured i'd post up what i do in my spare time.

Comment

Hi Bow,
                      and it don't jump up and down on it's programmed hydraulics as it plays Mariachi music either, right? Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!
                      Fred Hill, S'toon
                      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Heck, when I was in high school I had a '59 Austin-Healy Sprite. I could reach over the door and touch the ground with my fingers.

Nice looking project. Keep us posted on completion steps.

I have my '76 Scout II, still hope to do a frame-up rebuild/refit. Everyone has to have a dream!
                        Jerry Fields
                        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                        '06 Concours
                        My Galleries Page.
                        My Blog Page.
                        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

It don't have a radio right now. But i hear mariachi music ALOT liven in the heart of the spanish speaking section of the city.

Hahaha. But yeah i'll post up some progress when progress is made. Got to order a harness for it tomorow and i'll pick up my fuel cell too. So this weekend i should have the brakes finished and the cell mounted and the fuel lines ran. Still needs alot of parts to get it running again but it's getten there.

Comment

Working...
                          X