Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My FORMAL introduction

Now that I'm awake, my formal intro....
    My name is Scott S. and I'm from Rock Hill, SC (about 20 mins. south of Charlotte, NC). I'm 42 years young and work 12hr. rotations at a local factory. I have one grown daughter who lives out of state and a wonderful girlfriend. We share our home with two lazy cats and a hyper Blue Heeler.
    My main passions are old air-cooled VWs (and making them stupid fast!) and, more recently, vintage motorcycles. Specifically, XS650's. My girlfriend also has a NICE '85 FJ600.
    Here's a pic of my main ride. It's a 1980 XS650 that I picked up from Craigslist for $100. After about 5 months and a few more bucks, this is what I ended up with. (Before and afters)

This is my '83 Heritage Special. Mostly stock but fully restored. It will be up for sale if I get this XS1100...

Comment

This is my 1963 ragtop. I did a bare metal rsto on a one owner car about 15 years ago. I one many shows, a few race events and had some magazine coverage with this one.
      The engine is 2,276cc (190HP) with a Berg 5-speed conversion. Full race 1st-4th gears and an overdrive.
      "The surgeon general never said anything about smoking a V8!"

Comment

This is my daily driver. A 1970 Bug set up for handling/braking. It has a mild 2,110cc engine (145HP) and a built, stock tranny.

Comment

Hi Scott,

Welcome to XS11.com! That XS650 of yours turned out suuuweeeeet! Your Heritage is nice too! I'm gonna bring my XS11 down to your place so you can make it pretty!

BTW, what's a "Blue Heeler"?

PS, your Bugs are gorgeous too! You definitely have talent in making vehicles beautiful!
          Last edited by BobE; 09-01-2008, 12:57 PM.
          BobE
          Richmond, RI
          1980 XS1100G - "The Old Coot"

PREVIOUS RIDES
          2005 Venture, 1993 Venture, 1983 Venture
          1978 Gold Wing, 1983 Gold Wing
          1975 CB500T, 1983 Husqvarna 250WR
          1981 XL500, 1975 CB750K5
          1981 CB900F, 1965 C200 (Honda 90)
          1968 Powell Challenger (Hairy-Chested Mini-bike)

Comment

Thanks, Bob! A Blue Heeler is an Australian Cattle Dog. VERY smart and loyal breed but they're also working animals and are FULL of energy. Her playtime is measured in HOURS!

This is my girls sweet FJ600. Purchased from the original owner complete with service records and Yamaha saddle bags. Amazing bike. I want something so we can take longer trips together, hence the XS11 search.

Comment

All of your vehicles look nice. I especially like your 650 Cafe. It is beautiful! You did a great job!

Welcome to XS11.com!
              1979 XS11 Special (slightly modified)
              dubbed the "Mad Mosquito"

MikesXs Pod Filters
              MikesXs 35k Coils
              8mm plug wires
              42.5 Pilots 142.5 Mains
              (Carb tune by GNEPIG Performance)
              Kerker 4-into-1
              Shaved emblems
              Progressive frt springs lowered 1.5"
              Progressive 11.5" rear shocks
              Harley Dyna rear fender chopped
              Custm side mt tag (apparently illegal)
              Custom Dual Headlights
              Lots of time and hard work.

Comment

Hi Scott,

Love what you have done with all your rides, bikes and VWs. I have picked my first xs1100 a little over a month ago. Waiting for the New England winter to show up so I can strip and clean up mine, Want to get out and ride right now.

One quick question, What did you use to clean up the cylinder heads?
                Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
                Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
                Pod Filters
                DynoJet Kit
                T.C.'s Fuse Block
                Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
                Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
                V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

Scott, your bikes are awesome! whenever I see any of these older bikes restored, it makes me want to go do some polishing on mine. Your bugs look good too.
                  Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
                  Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
                  while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

2,276cc (190HP) with a Berg 5-speed conversion

Love the expression on there faces when an old "clasic" puts em down

If you pick up the 1100 will be looking forward to the pics when your done with it.

mro

Comment

Thanks all! makes me feel welcome...
                      MrOzz, all I did to the heads was engine cleaner, wire brushes and elbow grease.

Comment

Way cool rides dude!

Love your rsto work...top notch!I had a '66 Bug.that was the year VW was on strike so the engine block was made by Porsche.It was 1300cc but I had it bored to 1500cc...it had the funky 6 volt electrical sys.
                        As for your bikes...amazing!Especially the bike you bought for 100 bucks...what a transformation!BTW Welcome to Channel 11
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

class action

Dude, your 650 is classy.....Welcome aboard.....Bad side effect of owning an XS11...........Once you get your 11 up and running, your 650 will begin collecting dust
                          MDRNF
                          79F.....Not Stock
                          80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

Hey

Hi Uber and welcome very nice collection ya have i have a VW but its a full cage Buggy now bikes look great.

John
                            79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
                            80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
                            06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
                            2000 Concours
                            84 Kawi KLR600
                            79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
                            79 XR250
                            Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
                            John

Comment

Hi Scott & welcome,
                              that's a neat upgrade job on your 1980 XS650. Just need s/st brake lines & the leftside caliper & drill the brake disks (or fit the slotted ones from an XS11) to be perfect. My son went retro on his 1980 Special and installed 1975 wire wheels but I'm staying with my artillery wheels and their tubeless tires. BTW what's that lovely big gas tank? I have a Standard tank on my Heritage Special but yours looks bigger than that.
                              Fred Hill, S'toon
                              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                              X