Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No front fender Illegal or legal? (oklahoma)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fender over each wheel. All fenders shall be of the type provided by the manufacturer;
    Thats funny. I'd like to see a cop on the side of the road trying to determine if your fender is the original or some hack you put on yourself. And what if your motorcycle didn't come with fenders? I can't think of one but I'm sure its happened.
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

Comment

no fenders, no bumpers.....

this reminds me of the pickup trucks that were sold without a bumper when a rear bumper is required by law in most all states.

Comment

Rear bumpers are not required on trucks, most places.

If you have one though, you are not allowed to raise it or lower it past a certain point in many places.

The cop doesn't have to determine whether your fender is stock or not. He just has to write you a ticket so that you can go to court at a later date and prove it is.

You misunderstand the hassle factor of ambigous laws.
        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Something else to think about when you are getting that speeding ticket. My neighbor's son-in-law is a CHP who delghts in hassling "bikers" more than motorcyclists in general, but if he is in the right mood, he'll pull a guy over and inspect the DOT helmet, check handlebar height, verify the muffler situation, etc. If he pulls you over for speeding and you argue, he starts looking your bike over for other things. Your speedo indicated you were under the limit? Speeding ticket AND a fix-it ticket. The guy is an ass, but there are a couple of those in law enforcement.
          "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

The law in OK says it has to have a properly operating speedometer. I guess I am out of OK on my XS, mine reads fast.

As far as handle bars that don't extend above eye level, does that mean when you are laying on the tank at speed or when you are standing on the pegs while navigating over the vast expanses akin to the Grand Canyon which the midwest calls "railroad crossings"?
            Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

The engine will catch most of the rocks before they get to you, but have you ever lost an engine case to a hole or even worse a crack caused by a rock, if you are lucky all the oil won't drain out unnoticed so you have to replace the whole engine. Have the fenders powder coated, powder coat over chrome looks really good
              Fastmover
              "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
              lion". SHL
              78 XS1100e

Comment

Working...
              X