Whats that noise????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats that noise????

Silence. How strange no noise is. Kinda erie actually. Yougest daughter got dropped of at Colorado State to start her college stint. Oldest daughter, her husband and the grandkid moved out to there new house and took their two little yapping dogs with them. I can park in my own drive way again. I can leave the house with clean counters and a empty sink and come home to, you guessed it, clean counters and a empty sink. I no longer here the incessiant drone of the washer and dryer every night. The fridge might actually be able to keep things cold now that the door isn't opened every 10 minutes for a 5 minute inventory of what hasn't changed last time it was opened. I no longer have to make a sweep of the house to turn off lights every hour. The familiar slam of the microwave door at all hours is gone to. I haven't punctured a foot on a errant Transformer or Hot Wheel car in days. The gallon of milk I bought the day before is still there with more than 1/4 inch left in it. No more surprises when I go to the "library" with my favorite scooter mag. No more cringing when the patio slider hits the jam at 15mph, for the 5th time in 15 minutes. I love my kids to death and would walk thru hell in kerosene pants for them, but its time fly little ones. Don't worry, I will be here still if you stumble a little.

Empty silence, I think I am going to like it.

When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

I have six from 6 to 15, that you can rent for the weekend. Just so you don't loose "your edge"
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

too d*mn funny....

hey there webbcraft2150.....and we all thought it was just the # of postings on the board that made you a guru.....hahaha...fools!!!....anywho, feel for ya brother.....we have 5....3 of them are 20 and still dumb as a box of rocks.....but at least they are outta the house and not dependent on sucking down the grocery purchases....1 will be 18 (01/22) and is smart as a whip.....and still living off of mom's $$$ and my child support......the last one is 15 and quite the opinionated child....she's got her bad habits, but can, somehow, at times totally shock you with her manners....she knows on 3/2/2011 at 6 am, her and her "stuff" will wake up on the front porch....so far they have created many gray hairs, cost mucho $$$ and killed the washing machine, dishwasher, and a new fridge....have switched over to the green light bulbs to save some $$$, but still do sweeps to turn them off again....hear ya also about leaving a clean house and coming back to the same....btw, those d*mn barbie shoes hurt more to step on than a d*mn leggo....ouch....don't have a paito door, but i know we are going to replace all the entry doors in the house.....god knows they have served the house well....h*ll i even have a scaredy-cat, foo-foo dog that is scared of her own shadow...loved the reference about the kerosene pants....would do the same, but throw on a diesel shirt and carry a couple 5 gal cans of gas....just to make sure when i get 2 the end that d*mn bike has gas in it....hehehehe....lastly, i laughed, i cried, i have kissed many $$$'s goodbye.....ride safe and talk 2 ya later...ross
      rebel devil
      1979 xs 1100f standard
      authenic historical vehicle
      42°36'23.52"N, 82°52'44.78"W
      "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"
      "i got 14 jobs mon....you only got 1 job....you lazy bones mon"
      "if you don't wrench on it, get behind me satan!"
      '96 venture cct.....installed!
      stainless, braided, pvc coated brake lines
      i can translate...deustch, nederlands, 汉语, 漢語, français, ελληνικά, italiano, 한국어, português, русско, español and most importantly, 日本語....

Comment

quiet

JUst sent 2 off to school only have youngest one left and she is 15 funny how loud that silence can get at times.

John
        79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
        80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
        06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
        2000 Concours
        84 Kawi KLR600
        79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
        79 XR250
        Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
        John

Comment

Not to worry, Thanksgiving is not far off.

They'll be back!!!!!

Paul
          1983 XJ1100 Maxim
          1979 XS1100 Standard
          1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

Thing is, they come back.

When each of my kids were young I told them:-
            "When you are 16 you may leave home and your parents have no right to make you stay. Are you aware of these rights that I have told you?"
            And did they leave? Did they buggery.
            Our youngest just came home again after 3 years in New Zealand & Australia. He brought an Australian souvenir, her name is Claire. But they pay their share and if the garage is full of dismantled motorcycles again, what's one more bike after all?
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
            X