Shame on me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shame on me

Well its an off topic forum so here I go.. Today I took one of my ole jeeps to the scap yard for steel $.. Kinda broke my heart.. I'm down to 1 now. Sis has my 79 Wagoneer as a daily driver.

I bought it for 200 years ago for parts to be a spare jeep for my 88 Grand Wagoneer (chrysler built). The one I scrapped today was an 84.. kinda a bastard year it had some parts of the old way when AMC was makin em and some aspects of grand's.. Well it kinda hurt watching a giant forklift go in and pick it up by the roof from my car trailer, then set her down and pick it up and go away. hahah. But steel price for vehicles is 200 a ton here. This gets me some new spitfires for the XS (I know mabye not the premium but at least Im familiar with em). Plus pays off some $ Ive borrowed to keep this project goin.. (thus the XS11 connection).

Good news was, I paid 200 for it. Sold the transfercase and rear shaft for 160 this spring; and got 420 for it today for steel. Not bad since I used tons of parts and only today stripped tons of stuff that I can use on my other one and the one my sis is driving.

I still hate to see something that is shaped like that go away.. But it will live on in the xs.
    XS1100 F/G (79 Bike/80 Motor)
    Grab a tetanus shot and jump on!!!

My assistant had a old Buick someone gave his wife, no title. Needed work. Junk yard would not take it without title, said he could list it as an an abondoned vehicle and they would not charge him to come and get it. If he had a title he would have gotten $35.00 per ton if he brought it to them. Crazy world.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
    X