Bike covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike covers

I have an '81 XS11 Standard with the stock hard bags and a trunk. Does anybody know off-hand what would be a good brand of cover and what size? Thanks in advance.

They may make them, but the only bike covers I have seen are not waterproof. I have used those cheap fiberglass reinforced tarps, the ones you buy at surplus outlets for about $10 for 3. The 6x8 is just about right, covers the top and sides and acts like an umbrella, good enough unless you are in a hurricane. I also use an 8x10, gotta tuck the ends around the wheels though. I use this in the spring, when it might still snow a little. Later I use the 6x8 through the summer.

I use those bungee cords with the 'S' hooks to hold the tarp on. Get the colored ones, the black plain ones are made of hypalon, and the ultraviolet light from the sun deteriorates them in a couple of weeks.

They function as a dust cover somewhat, and are water proof, and allow air to circulate under. Cheap and works for me.
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

I went down to my local bike shop and bought one. I didn't know how big to buy. The sales rep. just went outside with me, looked at the bike and told me which one to buy. I have a 1978 XS11 standard with hard bags, trunk and full fairing. In and out of the store in about 5 minutes.

Tom
      2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
      gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Working...
      X