Yearly Mileage Covered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yearly Mileage Covered

I tried looking up a thread called "Iron Butt" or similar posted last year regarding miles ridden in a year but it wouldn't let me go back that far. When posted, I'd only had my '79 SPECIAL for 8 months and at that stage, I'd done 26.000 kms. Well, my 12 month's ownership of my trusty steed has passed and on that day, we'd covered 39,240kms together with hardly a hitch. The old girl doesn't like the rain much (gets the stutters and starts misfiring badly) but we were blessed with idyllic riding weather in Queensland this year. I was wondering how the rest of the XSives got on for the rest of the year.
    Ride Safe
    Eveready Errol
    79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
    Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
    *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
    *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

How in the world do you keep a xs running for a whole year? I love my bike but it seems like I spend more time in the truck going after parts.
    Jason

Comment

yearly mileage

It's been a great riding year. Simply take one XS1100, add fuel (quite a lot when talking about this sort of distance covered), change the oil at the recommended intervals,filters,plugs- standard B6ES NGK's, and a few tyres. The bike as purchased had a fresh set of DURO's fitted from which I achieved 18,000 kms. They were replaced by a pair of Bridgestone Spitfires which, surprisingly, are still holding up well after 20,000 kms, considering that about one third the distance travelled is up in the twisties on club rides. I seem to have fixed it's wet weather blues now though I am unsure exactly which cure fixed the problem 'cos I did just about everthing to stop it misfiring.
      Can't wait to see if I can better this over the next year.
      Errol
      79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
      Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
      *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
      *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

Hay Eveready1100:

Your riding in the rain problem is most likely caused by worn sparkplug boots. Pick up a set of NGK boot and you can ride all day in the rain.

If that does not fix it, then it is your plug wires.

If I did not ride in the rain, I would never get to ride.
        DZ
        Vyger, 'F'
        "The Special", 'SF'
        '08 FJR1300

Comment

Working...
        X