Nostalgia Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia Pics

I had this thought reading the thread on what is was like 50 yrs ago...with all the remember whens and what it was like back in the good 'ol days....I thought that I would go for a ride and take apic of something that would represent the bygone era of the pre and post WWllhiways and biways across the country on 2 lanes ...So tomorrow I will start...I dont have anything currently on my 'puter but the pic should be one YOU take.Mind you there are lots of things out there of historical background, but I'd like to keep this related to America's/Canada's (and anywhere else too)love affair for all things along the hiways and biways and backroads of__________(fill in your country) It should depict something of the bygone era.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

I guess I posted this in the wrong spot (What was it like 50 years ago??). So I'll try again

Is this the kind of thing you are thinking of?

Kiltie Drive-in - Hwy 16 in Oconomowoc, WI
    Awful and expensive burgers
    High School girls sans skates

Erin Motel & Restaurant - Hwy 83 in Erin WI
    Never actually been inside, but Erin is one of my favorite "towns" to ride in. Very green and plenty curvy Towns is in quotes as I only know of 3 business in the town and none of them are next to each other. There is this hotel, a bar (might not be in Erin) and a gas station.

Both are 10 - 15 minutes from my house, but in opposite directions.
    Dave
    1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

One more of the Erin Motel.

I knew I took 2 of eack
      Dave
      1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

Dave ...I started this ...after reading the other thread so its ok if you posted these elsewhere...Well these pics are fine...anything that depicts the bygone era of 2 lane highway travel...so thats a pretty broad interpretation.This time frame is not limited to the 50's and 60's...can go back to the 30's...ok time to fire up the bike and head out to see the world...be back later
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Here's my pic for the day...The famous Lincoln Hwy NY-SF long before the Mother road was built

This sign is 91 yrs old!They just put it back in place abt 4 years ago...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

roadside cabin

how about going back 100 years or more in da up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! out back it has a two hole outhouse!!!!

Comment

opps!

this was to be a reply to nastalgia pics

Comment

I know that the Kilte Drive-in was builtin 1946, but I have know idea when the hotel was constructed. I "only" hatched 40 years ago, so I have no personal pictures of that bygone era. Driving through Erin you often feel like you are in a different time. Lots of 100+ year old buildings, and nature.
                Dave
                1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

2 holes eh?

what a luxury!!! caught this pic...maybe the mods can move it ....cool shot...did you use the outhouse?
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

outhouse

can't use it leaning to much needs to be taken down before someone goes through the floor into the pit! we think the cabin was built in late 1800's by trappers or loggers.

Comment

Here's my outhouse! It is only a single seater, but it has electric I have actually have only peed in it a couple of times. SWMBO is horrified of it. She will not go within 20' of it I believe it was built in 1943 or 1944, and it was remdeled about 10 years ago because once you remove it it is gone forever. You are not allowed to construct a new one. At least that is how it was explained to me. It was before I moved here.

I figure that it would be great for parties, but I never throw any.
                      Dave
                      1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

Not much grass grows around it!
                        1980 XS Eleven Special

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im
                          Here's my pic for the day...The famous Lincoln Hwy NY-SF long before the Mother road was built
                          **See above post, photo corrected!!**

This sign is 91 yrs old!They just put it back in place abt 4 years ago...
                          Mods not sure how this happened but I did have a computer crash...this is not the pic that that I originally posted can this be deleted?Thanks I'll try to repost the correct pic....
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

Lost the pic...damn ..it was a pic of a sign on the Lincoln HWY
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hey BNE,

I saw the photo of the sign before you had your crash. But the photos are are Photobucket, not your computer, so it shouldn't have made any difference. BUT, if you went to photobucket and rearranged or renamed the photos, then that's how the VASE photo could have been referenced instead of the SIGN photo.

I went to your photobucket folder, found the correct tag and editted it, so it's right again, just don't go changing that photo in your photobucket folder anymore!!
                              T.C.
                              T. C. Gresham
                              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                              History shows again and again,
                              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                              X