No announcement yet.

i got ran over at work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the concern guys!!! i have just about got all my info together. i am still looking for the crash bars for my bike and also the grab bar for the seat is scratched prettbad on one side. any ideas??? i don't want to get used ones if i can help it because the po spent alot of money buying all new parts for the bike.
    thanks!
    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

Comment

Wow!

Glad you're okay!! It never ceases to amaze me how oblivious some people can be...
      They get in their car and their head immediately goes up their backside... Maybe he'll pay more attention from now on...
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

ok when i turn my handle bars all the way to the right it hits the stop... when i turn them all the way to the left the back of the headlight bracket tube hits the gas tank. i don't remember if it did that before or not? any ideas??? it may still be a little tweeked! i will have to read up on better ways to adjust the clamps and tkat fork brace!!!
        i just hope nothing's bent!!!!!
        " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
        8mm msd wires
        tkat fork brace...
        Fox shocks...
        mikes650 front fender
        led's gallore...
        renthal bars
        gold valve emulators
        vmax tensioner
        Rifle fairing

Comment

Glad you're okay. Sorry about the bike.

Check the parts listed section on this forum, there are a couple of bikes being parted out. Also check with andreashweiss to see if he has any parts you may need.

With all the new bells and whistles on today's vehicles, less emphasis is being being placed on the driver's abilities.

I was appallled by a recent news story devoted to the increase of parents backing over their children with suvs, pickups. The news story was going on and on about how the size of these vehicles severely impairs the driver's ability to see behind the vehicle when reversing. In particular they where critisizing the new F150, the very same truck I drive, which by the way, was just backed into by a coffee truck (bout 5 grand in damage) The news people were calling on the government to make rear view cameras mandatory in all large vehicles. WHAT A CROCK OF %&*&&$%. Never once did I hear them say that perhaps the morons should be backing their vehicles into their driveways/parking spots so not only do they know its clear to back in but also when they leave they have a clear view of where they are going. There they go again, putting the emphasis on the manufacturer and not the driver. I think that abs, traction control, stability control, high mount brake lights, daytime running lights, air bags, back up sensors/cameras, navigation systems, automatic all wheel dirve, etc. should be abolished. Maybe if people where actually forced to pay more attention to driving, they would!!!!!
          Ernie
          79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
          (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

Maybe if people where actually forced to pay more attention to driving, they would!!!!!
            I second that!
            I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
            3J6 003509
            Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
            Fuse Block Upgrade
            Mike's XS Green Coils
            Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

WOW ... I'm glad to hear your OK and hope the bike can be returned to it pre crash appearance.
              SO .. Is the idiot at the wheel of that cage covering the cost of repairs whatever they may be?
              Parking lots are only less dangerous the intersections because the typical speed in a parking lot is lower.
              Rob
              KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
              1978 XS500E
              1979 XS1100F Restored
              1980 XS1100 SG
              1981 Suzuki GS1100
              1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
              1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Lower Speed?

I'm not sure about the lower speed thing Rob. I was almost squashed in the local Wally World parking pasture by some fool who came speeding around a cube van parked half way down the row. Fortunately I was paranoid enough to slow down enough that he missed me. Not even sure he saw me.
                1979XS1100SF
                K&N's and drilled airbox
                Jardine 4in1
                Dunlop Elite 3's
                JBM slide diaphragms
                142.5 main jets
                45 pilot jets
                T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
                750/850 FD mod.
                XV 920 Needle Mod.
                Mike's XS plastic floats set at 26mm
                Venture Cam Chain Tensioner

Comment

My neighbor said her daughters drivers ed instructor told them to use the mirrors and not look backwards. I was floored. Could be a miscommunication on the kids part, but, still, wow. It's just stupid enough to be true.
                  Randy

"I didn't break it! IT FAILED!"

'82 XJ1100 "yamama"
                  '09 Buell Ulysses
                  '01 HD softail std - crunched

Comment

Maybe the drivers Ed instructor had a mirror on a pole to look around the back of her car??????
                    1979XS1100SF
                    K&N's and drilled airbox
                    Jardine 4in1
                    Dunlop Elite 3's
                    JBM slide diaphragms
                    142.5 main jets
                    45 pilot jets
                    T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
                    750/850 FD mod.
                    XV 920 Needle Mod.
                    Mike's XS plastic floats set at 26mm
                    Venture Cam Chain Tensioner

Comment

Ernie,

That does not surprise me one bit. I have a neighbor who keeps telling his 5 (?) year old and sometimes his little brother to go to my house and fish. This despite the fact that we have told them (the parents and kids) many, many times to keep off our property. They also live on the water, and I don't want the liability of these kids playing unsupervised in the water at my house. Anyway, 4 times I have almost backed over this stupid kid. He likes to sit on the ground behind my car and play with his fishing pole. The first time I only noticed him as I saw the bobber moving in my rear window.

On a side note to show how rude and stupid these people are my wife and I kicked them and their adult house guest off our property four times last Saturday. The first time he told my wife not to worry about it as he knows "Frank". Frank died three years ago and lived next door!

Sorry about the hijacking this subject just sets me off
                      Dave
                      1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

ok has anyone been able to identify the crash bars???

o already got two hundred buck fro mthe guy for everything else that needs to be done. i just can't find a new seat bar and the same model crash bar???

79 xs11 standard
                        8mm msd wires
                        tkat fork brace...
                        Fox shocks...
                        mikes650 front fender
                        led's gallore...
                        renthal bars
                        gold valve emulators
                        vmax tensioner
                        Rifle fairing

Comment

Hey Yamahansolo,

I did a quick search on Ebay for "motorcycle engine guard" and found these:
                          Ebay Item:320270828280 in case below link doesn't work.
                          70's style engine guard item 320270828280
                          PS, there was only about 1 hour left on above item when I posted this!

Ebay # 230195752642
                          Retro Engine Guard
                          T.C.
                          T. C. Gresham
                          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                          History shows again and again,
                          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

thanks again tc!! the ones i have on the bike are actually angled and swept back. all the ones i have found on ebay are flat.
                            i just love the look of these angled ones. i have flat ones on my xj already. i was just hoping to get the same ones i have.

i might just try to buff out the scratches...???

79 xs11 standard
                            8mm msd wires
                            tkat fork brace...
                            Fox shocks...
                            mikes650 front fender
                            led's gallore...
                            renthal bars
                            gold valve emulators
                            vmax tensioner
                            Rifle fairing

Comment

Working...
                            X