Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been ten long years ...

Maybe eleven I don't know for sure ....

About '97 or '98, Dale Hicks hosted an XS11 Rally in his backyard in Gillette, Wyoming .... does anyone remember that one ?

My brother Bob and I were there, camped out with about 20 others in Dale's fine backyard, pitched in for a portable shower and potty, and basically enjoyed the Hicks family's fine hospitality.

As an added bonus we did Sturgis and another Wyoming XS'ive toured us around the area, seeing all the sigths there. Old names like Masta Ho and Ken & Sheila ring a bell, as do many others.

Sorry no pics, digital cameras were just new then ... but the memories are there, this was a fantastic rally and in many ways the kickoff to what this group became. Glad I was there ... anyone else remember this one ?

well, 85 of you have seen this thread ...

... not one current member was there ? ... there's gotta be a few

Comment

Hey there Horst,

You'll find several of the "OLD GANG" still using the Email version, just a new Yahoo group, ALLXS11s. But mostly they are one the XSPlus2 yahoo group, so that they can talk anything they want, from politics, to guns, to showing photos of 'nekid' women, etc.!!

T.C., one of the new gang!
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Well, first rally I went to was 2000, was on the list in '99 but didn't have the bike ready until a year later.

I've decided to put some photos of the early rallies on the web; see the Spearfish 2002 Rally here:
        http://homepage.mac.com/jerryfields/PhotoAlbum5.html

Have the 2000 and 2001 photos loaded but don't have the page ready, check back in a few days. You can get to all my rally photos from the same page, just click on year/location at the top of the page.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Rally

Hey Jerry will you be heading this way this yr? im rt out of rapid city i go every YR il be having a few folks camping out here again at my place if you or anyother folks cruise through give me a holler would love to meet up with Fellow XSERs.''

John
          79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
          80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
          06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
          2000 Concours
          84 Kawi KLR600
          79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
          79 XR250
          Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
          John

Comment

Hey Paintman:

Thanks for the offer. Won't be through this year, will be through N. D. sometime after Labor Day, heading to see the folks and family in Wisconsin. Been many years since I've been though that part of the country.

"Historic" rallies: I did get some photos posted for the 2000 and 2001 rallies, will add more info / photos in the next few days. See link from earlier post.
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.
            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Jerry ! .... '02 is where we met ... awwww

I think we went to the Outback and had some steak for me and some fish for you eh ? .... good times .... yakked about tcp/ip and other silly stuff .... ha !

Comment

Thanks for posting that link, Jerry.

I was along for the Devil's Tower ride and for the morning stops at the restaurant 3 times ..... great ride, over 5,000 kms for me.

Comment

Took me a while to find these, Horst. Like you said, Wyoming '98 was just before I bought my first digital camera. See if you recognize any of these:

Bobobbybob...

Ed "the deer slayer" Martin...

Some guy named Horst who used to ride an XS...

Dale and Lois and "the boy on the back"...

Mike Cummings and some guy from western Canada
                  Ken Talbot

Comment

dude !

thanks for posting these Ken !

yes, the Hick's with boy-on-back ... some guy called Ken from Revelbush ....

Mike and I did an, umm, acceleration test, yeah that's it !

told me my 4-1 sounded cool .... ha !

good times ..... thanks!

Comment

Horst..a quick way to post pre digital is to just take a pic of the pic..not the best way but quick..took these 6 inches from my computer...

Office light yellows them but it is an option:-)
                      '80 XS1100 SG
                      Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Working...
                      X