X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Bob Jones Memorial ride?

OK....

I wrote Karla Jones and said,

" I realize it may be a bit premature, but we have spring and fall rallies in different places. Few, if any, have the roads that north Arkansas has. I was wondering what your thoughts may be on us having an early summer memorial ride for Bob annually? You certainly wouldn't be expected to attend every time, but I see nothing wrong with paying tribute to a man who did so much for the bikes we all love....I'm wanting this to not be a somber gathering, but a celebration of his life, like I think he would have wanted....If that might be too much right now, I understand and I will respect your wishes. I just wanted to see what your thoughts about it were first."

Her reply was,

" I can't begin to tell you how much I love the idea of an annual ride to celebrate his life! That would keep his memory alive, and who could ask for more?"

So.... maybe a bit early, but....

What do you all think about having an annual Bob Jones Memorial ride somewhere bewteen May-July? Maybe a fall ride in place of the Talimena ride? I know the meeting of the Minds at John and Kats is somewhere in the June time frame, and I don't want people to have to decide between one or the other, so I was wondering your opinions.

Arkansa's roads and scenery are tough to beat and it's centrally located. I just think it would be a great way to get together AND keep Bob's memory continueing.

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own