Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank God! Finally, the first ride is behind me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank God! Finally, the first ride is behind me.

Finally, finally, finally.....I got my SG running and took it for the first ride ever this afternoon. Figured, where better than down to the ocean? I headed over and cruised along the Hampton Beach, NH area. Beautiful ride with lots of bikinis....too bad the girls in them are all around my son's age. (20 or less) I felt like Chest the Child Molester just for looking. Then got worried that one of them may come up and ask, "Aren't you Donnie's dad?

I've just got to figure out why my headlight was working, then quite again.

On the trip over to the beach, while on a highway, it felt so uncomfortable to run around 65 mph. It's been so long since I rode with any regularity, around 24 yrs ago.

However, on the ride back I was feeling more like I was back in my element and punched it up to 85 to get around a tractor trailer. That's fast enough for me....at least for now.

Don
    currently own;
    1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
    2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Here it is. XS1100SG

Now I need to get my SH finished.

Don

(So much for proof reading...."Chester the Child Molester" is what it was suppose to say above.)
    Last edited by DJinNH; 06-02-2008, 05:37 PM.
    currently own;
    1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
    2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

That;s great!! Me too. , I took mine out for it's shakedown run to a friends house about 18 miles away, ran great up and back, still a bit boggy under 2500rpm, but runs strong.! I have run it around the neighborhood, but nothing on the major 2 lanes....

So far, so good.
      Dave
      1978 XS1100E

Comment

Yeah, it just kills me to have to look at 20-year-old gals in bikinis...
        "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

and the crowd goes wild!

Just in time for riding season... GREAT timing!

Congratulations!

It's been so long since I rode with any regularity
          That isn't so bad... at least you don't have to stop as often...
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

Chest the Child Molester

LOL. Yea looking at 20 year olds in Bikini's, I can see why the spelling error.

Glad to hear you got out for a good ride. Bike looks awesome.
            1980 XS Eleven Special

Comment

Bike looks great.
              I envy your ride down by the beach with all those barely dressed girls. I went on my first group ride of the year yesterday and all I saw was grass and cows.
              Jon
              '80 XS11 SG "My Serenity"

Comment

beach

You haven't seen nuthin' yet 'till you take a ride down to South Beach, Miami. It is highly recommended that you park your bike. (nude beach)
                2H7 (79)
                3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Re: beach

Originally posted by bikerphil
                  You haven't seen nuthin' yet 'till you take a ride down to South Beach, Miami. It is highly recommended that you park your bike. (nude beach)

Actually, you haven't seen nothing until you take a boat out to the Columbus Day Regatta out there in Biscayne Bay. It makes a Girls Gone Wild movie look like a Disney flick.

Don
                  currently own;
                  1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                  2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

yep

The hottest women in the world can be found in Miami.
                    2H7 (79)
                    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

I know a place

where girls come in the bar and ask the guys, "You gotta bike?" Good place to park outside and come in for a cool one.... Of course here in CA the girls don't wear much anywhere and much less at the beach...
                      You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                      Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                      Drilled airbox
                      Tkat fork brace
                      Hardly mufflers
                      late model carbs
                      Newer style fuses
                      Oil pressure guage
                      Custom security system
                      Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

"Chester the Child Molester"

I was 19 at the time, working at Domino's, and we had a couple of high school girls working the registers evenings. Out working on Flagler Beach, FL one nice day (I lived a block from the beach) when I see some nice chicks when looking left for traffic on A1A. After looking right, I slowly realize who the middle one is as she starts yelling my name and waving.

It was one of the high schoolers.

I know it's not quite the same age difference, but I still feel ya.
                        1981 XS1100S (former)
                        2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Comment

Younger women.

Had a young lady straight from tech school start in my drafting group. She drew up something I didn't like so I suggested that she change it to something that could actually be manufactured. She was reluctant. I said
                          "Or else"
                          "Or else WHAT!"
                          "Or else I'll adopt you and make you stay home nights and study Engineering"
                          Fred Hill, S'toon
                          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Congratulations on getting the bike on the road! I've thought about cruising the Hampton Beach boardwalk, but the stop-and-go traffic in mid-summer temps would be murder on our air-cooled engines.
                            1981 XS1100SH

Comment

Working...
                            X