Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"thank you very much" to a family member....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "thank you very much" to a family member....

hey there folks......as you all know i have been wrestling with my carbs and was on the edge of just cutting the fuel line and doing my impersonation of a "flaming moe" (from the Simpsons) with the "rebel devil".....well, i found a "family" member that really helped me out....many thanx to Schmeerman (yea, a newbie, but he is more for the xj's and he knows his sh*t) for all the help today.....he invited me over to his house to help me get the d*mn things running right......took us about 1-1/2 hours to get her dialed in, but wow....i am a colortune believer...it is not the fix all tool, but is very helpful in getting it really close......minor adjustments need to be made, but trust me with what we did today to the "rebel devil", she didn't run that good the day i got her.......took her out for the "maiden" voyage after the "colortune" and with in 2 blocks (down parent street) i was passsing 70 in second gear (i think, it was amazing) within 2 blocks......

i would like to say "thanx" to Schmeerman and his family for letting me invade his garage and their lives (if but for a moment).....Schmeerman i do apologize for shocking your daughters....i know my daughter has a hard time bring new boyfriends over after they see me....i wasn't sure if it was the p*t leaf head gear or the "detroiter: a hard drinking, d*pe smoking, a** kicking SOB" tshirt i wore, but you should see the looks i get from the uc sherriff's i work with.....

as you can tell, i go for the shock factor...that's the way i want the "rebel devil" to run.....redlight confontation.....light turns green and you just got your a** handed 2 you by a bike that is 30 years old......now, i finally think she is there.....

btw.....took her out on 696 and when the highway opened up, cranked throttle in 5th gear up from 35.........by the time i realized what the hell was happening, 95 was in the rear view mirror....had her up to 110+ before i hit "maximum pucker factor".......

Schmeerman thank you once again for your time, patience, understanding, knowledge, and friendship......anytime you need a riding buddy, give me a holla.....i would be proud to ride with you....thanx again...ross

p.s. as a small "thank you" i give you this picture of my favorite stripper

i hope that mrs Schmeerman doesn't mind me corrupting your mind with stripper pictures...hehehehe
    rebel devil
    1979 xs 1100f standard
    authenic historical vehicle
    42°36'23.52"N, 82°52'44.78"W
    "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"
    "i got 14 jobs mon....you only got 1 job....you lazy bones mon"
    "if you don't wrench on it, get behind me satan!"
    '96 venture cct.....installed!
    stainless, braided, pvc coated brake lines
    i can translate...deustch, nederlands, 汉语, 漢語, français, ελληνικά, italiano, 한국어, português, русско, español and most importantly, 日本語....

That's great!!

Ross, glad to hear that it's running that well. The fact that it's running better now than when you first got it, is a testament to how well you cleaned the carbs.

Don't worry about my daughters. The Dr. said with a few years of intense therapy, they should be back to almost normal.

Just, kidding!! It was a pleasure meeting you and working on your fine ride. I know you are happy to have your bike running fine now, but being able to help out someone is also a blessing to me.

I look forward to going for a ride together once I get my brakes working better. See you soon,
    Mike

PS Love the stripper pic!! Thanks for that!! Mmmm
    1982 xj 1100 pod filters
    4 into 1 Supertrapp

Comment

Where do you tuck the dollar bills with that stripper?

Don
      currently own;
      1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
      2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Did I hear the words "Color tune" ....
        Rob
        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
        1978 XS500E
        1979 XS1100F Restored
        1980 XS1100 SG