Another Sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Sighting

Today, 5/29/08, approx. 14:00hrs. Parked around Keowee St. and Monument Ave. in Dayton, Ohio spotted a 78 or 79 Standard, maroon in color, paint slightly oxidized, but overall, looked good. begs the question, is it one of us? also, was watching the 6:00 news on Channel 7 a week or so ago, they were doing a story on the increasing number of motorcycles on the road, due to the higher fuel prices and as the girl finished up the story, she was standing in WHIO-TV's parking lot in front of what appeared to be a 750 or 850 special. thought it was kinda cool. anyway, back on task, was the maroon standard I saw today one of us????? come on, fess up, we're all friends here. have a nice day and ride safe.
    I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

My turn

On Tue, 7/15/08 around noon in Oregon.
    I pulled off I-5 at Rice Hill to fuel-up the truck at the Pilot truck stop. On the west side of the freeway at the little burger "drive-in" there was an XS1100 with windjammer.
    No place for me to park on that side. They were gone when I past by to get back on the road.
    Was this an XSive?
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Last night at Ernie's Bar & Grill it was "Bike Nite" and there was another 1980 XS1100G dresser in the lineup. I thought it was my friends Ross's bike, but I didn't see him or his son around, later saw the owner ride off. No one I new. So we have one more running XS on our streets, total of 5 I know the other 3 riders but I don't think they are members of this forum but they've cruse it every once in awhile.
      Do'Lee
      XS1100SF "Green Hornet"
      (1) XS1100LG "Midnight Dream" Restoration has begun.
      (2) XS1100LG "Midnight Madness" Waiting to be next
      (5) multi partsters for bobber "Ruby Red II" On the list.
      SR500H "Silver Streak"

Comment

Working...
      X