Calling all San Diego members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all San Diego members

Wildkat and I will be in SD (Coronado) on the third of July to attend a Welcome Home Ceremony for the USS Kitty Hawk. I was stationed on her from 77-81. She has been stationed in Japan for many years, but now she's coming home, and awaiting retirement in January, in Bremerton, Washington.
    If any of you would like to try to meet up, please let us know, and we'll try to find some time.

Yes

I would like to see you two again and a ride to San Diego is just another excuse for a ride. Let me know what your schedule is like and the best time and I will see if it's possible.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

San Diego Visit

I agree with Planedick,,,,a good excuse for a ride and meet up with some XS members. I see the 3rd is thurs. and the 4th will be a zoo, so the sat. or sun. is good for me and others? So, let us know what works for your schedule, I am assuming you flew out and are downtown somewhere. Thanks for your service to country, and what a great history the Kitty Hawk has had........regards, Mike in N.S.Diego
      mike
      1982 xj1100 maxim
      1981 venture bagger
      1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
      1959 wife

Comment

Our Itinerary

We'll only be there for the third, getting in around 10 am, and leaving Friday morning around 10 am. Our hotel is the Best Western South Bay Inn in Chula Vista. It's right off I-5 on E St., one or two blocks east of the freeway. There is a pool there, so that would be a good place to hang, and tip a few in the evening. We are thinking of spending some time at a beach, probably Coronado, after taking the tour of the ship early in the day. The ship will be at NAS North Island. We will be attending a formal Ceremony on the ship that evening from 6-8 pm, so probably some time around 9 pm will be good, or if you want to hang at the beach for a while in the afternoon, that will be cool too.

Comment

Change of plan

I recieved an e mail from the Captian of the ship a couple of days ago, and they are cancelling the ceremony, as the ship has been held over for 'Operational Requirements', so we will not be in SD on the third of July. It figures...We made and paid for the hotel and car in advance, and there is a $25 cancellation fee.
          Bummer.

Comment

Working...
          X