learning curve.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• learning curve.....

hey there folks....i have come 2 realize that owning one of these bikes....you realize that there are things to be learned...both with the bike itself and "god help ya" if ya add accessories aftermarket.....

...each float bowl holds 2 oz of fuel....
    ...reserve on a standard tank is 18 oz of fuel.....
    ...sidecovers that fit and are not cracked or repaired, are gold....
    ...getting carbs to run right after you tear them off the bike is a science...
    ...setting float heights is a "guess" at best as to the correct height...upside down, or right side up....no matter what, best i can say is i set them measuring off the top of the gasket (upside down) and took it from there....
    ...gas mpg is calculated by the price of fuel multiplied by the cost of fuel, divided by just "really" how fat your A** is...(or SWMBO's)
    ...check the bbq 2 hours b4 you plan on using it....did that 2 mine and found a broken connection at the regulator...had it fixed in 1/2 hour, but could of been quite the fireball...did anyone say "well done"...
    ...no matter what, make sure the side stand is completely down before setting the bike down....(face it, you look like a fool if you don't do this!)...
    ...using the 1975 Vetter trunk design (see "rebel devil")....i know for a fact, that it takes 2.5# of GFS pasta salad to completely cover the entire bottom....don't ask, trust me, it required soup laddles and big soup pans to contain the mess...

and that was just on Memorial Day....THANK YOU TO ALL OUR VETERANS AND CURRENTLY SERVING MILITARY PERSONELL......ross
    rebel devil
    1979 xs 1100f standard
    authenic historical vehicle
    42°36'23.52"N, 82°52'44.78"W
    "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"
    "i got 14 jobs mon....you only got 1 job....you lazy bones mon"
    "if you don't wrench on it, get behind me satan!"
    '96 venture cct.....installed!
    stainless, braided, pvc coated brake lines
    i can translate...deustch, nederlands, 汉语, 漢語, français, ελληνικά, italiano, 한국어, português, русско, español and most importantly, 日本語....

Vetter trunk design

takes 2.5# of GFS pasta salad to completely cover the entire bottom....don't ask, trust me
    As I was adding this tid bit of wisdom to my XS note book I realized I have not a clue what GFS is

Great Fu#$1*& Salad?
    or just
    Buen vaffunculo insalata?

mro

Comment

Gorden Food Service
      I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Re: learning curve.....

Originally posted by ross

...getting carbs to run right after you tear them off the bike is a science...
        ......ross
        I just did a rebuild with one of those kits yesterday for my SH. Time will tell just how well I did. I'm almost scared to see.

Don
        currently own;
        1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
        2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Working...
        X