Military Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Service

If any of you have friends or family, or yourself, in the military I say thanks and I honor you and yours.

Perspective is everything

Raqstar
    XS1100SF
    XS1100F

Comment

that video is really cool
      when in doubt...get a bigger hammer
      '78 XS11e, '79 XS11sf,'81 Mazda RX7, '83 XJ650lj Turbo, '95 Ford F150, '93 Chevy K2500, '04 Honda Pilot,
      '89 Arctic Cat Wildcat, '89 Arctic Cat El Tigre 530, '81 Arctic Cat Trailcat 340, '79 john deere trailfire 440,
      '78 Cadillac Seville
      Don't steal the government hates competition

Comment

Great video....I really like it.

As the father of a Marine, I am a bit torn. I respect the heck out of my son as I know he has been asking and asking to be sent to Iraq or Afghanistan. I know for sure it has nothing to do with a desire for glory, he simply wants to be part of something where he feels he is helping.

So how does a father actually support his son's desire to go overseas? I don't know but I do. I understand where he is coming from.

Don (prior Coast Guard)
        Extremely proud father of a U.S. Marine

my son:
        currently own;
        1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
        2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Millitary Life

Hi Don First off Thank your son for his service for me. its hard when they have to go overseas i have 2 Nephews who are in teh ARMY 10th mtn division they have been to Afghanistan 3 times now its never easy. But i am very proud of them for what they do.
          as iam sure you are of your son. I spent almost 3 yrs total in the desert first in eth Gulf war and all teh other lovely places they sent me. all we can do is be there when they need us and listen. God bless and tell your son to stay safe.\

John USAF Retired
          79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
          80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
          06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
          2000 Concours
          84 Kawi KLR600
          79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
          79 XR250
          Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
          John

Comment

Thanks John,

Me personally.....I've never been in any warzones. Our USCG cutter blasted down to Grenada when that broke out but we didn't do a thing.

My parents didn't feel a whole lot of comfort though when I told them stories of climbing up those old rope jacob's ladders to board Panamanian frieghters in the Caribbean....but at least they went with the flow.

Don
            currently own;
            1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
            2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Enlisted in the Army back in 2004, medical discharge in '05, didn't even finish training before I got sent home.

Wish I could have done more...
              1981 XS1100S (former)
              2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Comment

Don,
                I know exactly what you mean.
                My son has done two tours in "SW Asia".
                While I absolutely understand his desire to do what he trained to do, its tough when you have 'dog' in the fight, as it were.

Best of luck to you and yours. Just try to be confident that he is working for the best trained branch of the US Military.

The Few, the Proud, Indeed.

God bless all those who have given the last full measure, and the families who have sacrificed their loved ones. We all should remember what Memorial Day is really all about, regardless of our personal feelings or politics. It really is the Land of the Free, because of The Brave.

Proud Dad: Sgt Jr, USMC!
                XS1100SF
                XS1100F

Comment

Adding my thanks

to those who are currently serving, to those who have served and to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom...

We all should remember what Memorial Day is really all about, regardless of our personal feelings or politics.
                  Amen to that
                  81 SH Something Special
                  81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                  81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                  80 LG Black Magic
                  78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                  For those on FB

Comment

USN 6 Years was in the indian ocean when 911 happened and was in japan supporting for iraq loved it proud of it too and i would never change a thing about what i did

Comment

service

USAF.....2W071, for those who know.....
                      MDRNF
                      79F.....Not Stock
                      80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

Re: service

Originally posted by xschop
                        USAF.....2W071, for those who know.....
                        Did you ever pass through Pease AFB in NH? I grew up near it and use to watch the FB111's and KC-135's fly in and at of there. The 135's still do with the ANG.

I'll never forget back in '81 or '82 seeing a FB111 drop out of the sky into a neighborhood. Thank God the pilot and navigator punched out in their pod and noone on the groud was killed.

Don
                        currently own;
                        1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                        2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

NH

never been to NH, will someday tho. I was in Kadena AFB,Okinawa. All over the European map and Middle east (Gulf #1) and in Myrtle beach, Also was at Ft. Worth ( Nukes) and helped it close down. My last duty was McAlester Ok. as a reservist. EOL Separation was Aug 15, 2001. I miss the travel and Most people ....Even the Air Force had morons that couldn't tie their shoes without a Tech manual....God Bless America
                          Last edited by xschop; 05-28-2008, 07:36 AM.
                          MDRNF
                          79F.....Not Stock
                          80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

Re: NH

Originally posted by xschop
                            never been to NH, will someday tho. I was in Kadena AFB,Okinawa. All over the European map and Middle east (Gulf #1) and in Myrtle beach, Also was at Ft. Worth ( Nukes) and helped it close down. My last duty was McAlester Ok. as a reservist. EOL Separation was Oct 15, 2001. I miss the travel and Most people ....Even the Air Force had morons that couldn't tie their shoes without a Tech manual....God Bless America
                            I sent you a link to my brother's website through your profile. Hope you get it. In his spare time, he photographs military aircraft all over New England and even gets invited to go up in the KC-135's during midflight refuelings, one included the refueling of an A-10 on the pilots record breaking flight for hours flown.

I didn't know if I was allowed to post his website in the regular forum.

He made a trip out to Nellis AFB a few years back to photograph an airshow out there. Some pretty amazing shots.

Thank you for your service,

Don
                            currently own;
                            1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                            2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Working...
                            X