metro detroit ride....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metro detroit ride....

hey there folks....here in this area, they have what is called "harley-fest"...needless 2 say they are not 2 friendly 2 our kind of riders (maybe because we can blow their doors off!)....was wondering if some of the members here would be interested in getting 2gether for a ride some time soon....nothing 2 long, but maybe a nice all day ride to blow the stink off.....definitely not an overnight thing....let me know what ya think michiganders.....(perfect excuse to spend your economic stimulus check on gas!!).....ross
    rebel devil
    1979 xs 1100f standard
    authenic historical vehicle
    42°36'23.52"N, 82°52'44.78"W
    "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"
    "i got 14 jobs mon....you only got 1 job....you lazy bones mon"
    "if you don't wrench on it, get behind me satan!"
    '96 venture cct.....installed!
    stainless, braided, pvc coated brake lines
    i can translate...deustch, nederlands, 汉语, 漢語, français, ελληνικά, italiano, 한국어, português, русско, español and most importantly, 日本語....

Your dang Pistons beat my Celtics last night.

Don
    currently own;
    1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
    2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

hey there DJinNH.....sorry about that....not much of a hoop freak, more of a hockey freak....i'm hoping the Red Wings stomp Pittsburgh in the ground....i guess within 7 games we will find out....just heard on the news that they just released some "standing room only" tickets for games 1 & 2 for $200 each.....$4 gas to get to the game, $8 beers, and $200 for no seat.....WTF......i guess i will just have to watch it at home on my comfy couch, on the 35" surround sound, with my $.70 beer and no lines for the restroom.....go figure...have a great day...ross
      rebel devil
      1979 xs 1100f standard
      "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"
      i can translate...deustch, nederlands, 汉语, 漢語, français, ελληνικά, italiano, 한국어, português, русско, español and most importantly, 日本語....

Comment

DJ,

It's only fair, look what the Sox do to the Tigers on a regular basis. If it weren't for the Wings and Pistons, Detroit fans would just curl up in a little ball and die.
        Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
        78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
        02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

hey there BLUEJEEPLAB......there is some truth in what you say.....but ya gotta admit that detroit fans are a hardy bunch and will take the good with the bad.....i even work with a guy that at the beginning of every season says the detroit team is gonna go 11-0 on the season....he's a die hard detroit lions fan.....the man has some weird fetish for pain and disappointment.....ross
          rebel devil
          1979 xs 1100f standard
          "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"

Comment

I wear my Tigers hat every year. Every 20 years I don't have to hide when I wear it.

Some day the Lions will come through, it's a shame when the field goal kicker scores more points than the entire team!!!!!
            Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
            78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
            02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

hey there BLUEJEEPLAB.....yea, i know about wearing a tiger hat.....even being from the detroit area is a crime.....SWMBO and i took a trip to ohio last year to visit her uncle (cancer)....last minute trip and went pretty well.....took the ohio turnpike (DO NOT TAKE THE OHIO TURNPIKE ON A BIKE!!!)...sorry..but had 2 get that out...anywho, pulled over at one of the service plaza's on the way to have a smoke break....met another guy riding his bike to a wedding.....he mentioned that he had lived in NYC and now was living in Chicago.....when i opened up my leather (hot as hell that day!)....he noticed my tshirt....it was a picture of the grim reaper hovering over the skyline of detroit holding a gun.....also i was wearing a head band i got from a run to Hell, MI...it says "go to hell" all over it......he took 2 steps back and asked "is it really THAT bad in detroit?"......amazing how people judge you by where you come from.......as far as the lions go, the master plan for next season is to use the waterboy as a running back....and a defensive end......and a quarterback...and a.....sorry, i got carried away......talk 2 ya later...ross
              rebel devil
              1979 xs 1100f standard
              "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"

Comment

Working...
              X