Cheng Shin or Cheng S*&!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elite 2

Thunderpig had elite 2's on it when I got it. Love this tire. According to the PO the had approx 3500 miles on them, I have since added 1700-2000 and I am very comfortable riding from KS to TX this weekend and back.

And besides, I do know where to pick up a whitewalled rear tire if i need too.
    (evil grin)
    Lee aka trainzz

I am my inner child!!

I have no idea how you managed to make that connection within your brain, but I applaud whatever cellular mutation just took place.

1980 XS11 Special-"Thunder Pig"
    1980 XS11 Special-"Crazy Trainz" (project bike)
    1979 Xs1100 Standard ( parts,parts,parts)

Comment

Kenda is the best for the money

I have had numerous tires, Metzeler, Pirelli, Dunlop and the choice to date is the Kenda tire line. I have put four sets on current bikes and are the best to date, bar none. The Metz 880 is close, have it on the XJ maxim, but the Kenda Challenger, even at half the price, is superior. If you havent checked these out yet, DONT WAIT. Best price, and quick shipping is Dennis Kirk. First time I went to the local shop for mount and balance, three out of four needed NO Weights to balance. The shop guy couldn't believe it, that they were that perfectly made and balanced. Everyone needs to check out the Kenda line if you havent yet. I have them on 80-Xs 11, 82 Xs750, 82 Xj750, 82 Xj Virago, and one on a 78 Xs 400. Great compounding, holds tight, good in rain, smoooth like the Metz, but better handling than Dunlops, Metz, or even Pirelli,,,,anyone else mounted the Kenda's??????
      mike
      1982 xj1100 maxim
      1981 venture bagger
      1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
      1959 wife

Comment

Soccer4m,

Hate to poo-poo your hooray for the Kendas, but I just took a set off my bike. The rear wore out QUICK, and the front had plenty of tread but it never met a groove or crack or thick line in a road it did not like, and hugged it like life depended on it. It would definitely lean the bike a little before it popped over it.

I put Dunlop 404s on and I do not even know if there is a crack or crease in the road. Sorry, but I will NEVER own another Kenda tire.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

power sliding..

i need new treads...

i'm an aggresive rider, so i NEED sticky tires.
          i'm not real intrested in spending an arm and a leg.

any suggestions gents????

Thanks in advance!

Webs
          1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
          1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Be Happy,,,try the Kenda

Hey Mindwebs,,,I just got back from the Central Coast Rally, speeds up to 95 and lots of Central Coast curves with the Kenda 673 Kruz on my Midnite Special,,,bro inlaw rode it up, and the Kenda 671 Cruiser tires on my XJ Maxim. Great tires for the price. Check them out at Denniskirk.com. Half the price and just as good as any others. Again, I have had them all at one point or another. The closest feel and ride would be the Metzeler 880 but it costs at least twice. Good Riding, Mike in Sun DIego
            mike
            1982 xj1100 maxim
            1981 venture bagger
            1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
            1959 wife

Comment

Everyone has a different opinion here. I had CS Hi Max one time and they were scary horrible. Been happily running Dunlop GT501 for 5 sets or so. They stick!
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

Don't even know if the Chen Sing

Maxxis ProMaxx are still available but I have a set on my G and love 'em ... not high milers but stickey as heck. Having trouble finding a new rear .... if anyone has a lead on one, let me know please.
                80G Mini-bagger
                VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
                79SF eventually dismantled for parts
                79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
                79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
                79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

shinko or sh*tko's?

ok, new question.

Anyone tryed Shinko 712's?
                  http://www.shinkotireusa.com/product/product.php?id=20

Thanks

Webs
                  1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
                  1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

I run Conti Tours! Tire handles great and you wouldn't believe how many miles they gave me last year! I just installed my second set.

Deny
                    1978 XS1100E - The TimeMachine
                    1980 XS850 Special - Little Mo

Comment

Working...
                    X