Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tight Turn Video Check This Out

HI EVERYONE
    just found this video on tight turns it looks like a training video for japanese police riders. i wish my bagger would handle like this ? or maybe it's the old timer riding it.HA! It is the second video on page.http://blog.learner-rider.com/archives/18
    JOHN'O
    Xs1100E 1978
    American Import Cruiser

Good find there, John. The first video explains a lot too. It takes me back a few years when SWMBO and I took a Safety Foundation Advanced Rider's course. I went into the two day course thinking it was going to be a lot of stuff I already knew, and came out wishing I had known all that stuff 30 years earlier.

We'll do the course again some time. Until then, we make it a habit at the start of every riding season to spend some time on low speed manoeuvers, braking, target steering, etc, etc. This sure gives you a good comfort level when it comes time to jockey around at the gas pumps when things are busy and there are cars all over the place.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

That second vid is VERY impressive.
      '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Tight Turns

I agree with ken i was off a bike for yrs after i got sick when i got back on i took a safety course i learned alot of good info and got rid of alot of bad habits i never knew i had. and teh Advanced course was alot of fun doing figure 8's and alot of slow speed manuvers. No matter how long we ride always room to get better. and those videos were very cool.
        John
        79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
        80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
        06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
        2000 Concours
        84 Kawi KLR600
        79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
        79 XR250
        Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
        John

Comment

The bike in the second vid. is a 87-90 honda VFR 750. A friend had one just like it (down to the color). One of the best handling bike I ever had a chance to ride.
          Only did it once, refused further rides as I would only want to have one too badly and I didnt have the money. Excellent sport-tourer and that V4 engine is just rigt. Very torquey,.... eh well. Theyre cheap now, but parts can get expencive (brake rotors, rear shock,...). Well, its a Honda.
          And bout the vid... very impressive.

LP
          If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
          (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Those videos totally make me feel bad for my 100 ft u turns that I only take in parking lots.
            79 Special Engine/80 Special Body - sold to bigray03

Comment

Working...
            X