No announcement yet.

New, Thought I would say Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will have to look for numbers on the frame. The S# on the motor is 2H7-004430. From the link MRO posted, my serial number indicates a 1978 E. I will be getting my title towards the end of the week...

Thanx

Deny
    1978 XS1100E - The TimeMachine
    1980 XS850 Special - Little Mo

Comment

Welcome!

and best of luck tomorrow with the firing! Let us know how it works out... and if, for some reason, it doesn't... LOTS of help here to drop the n't...

hey Carolyn, general rule of thumb... the models run alphabetical order by year...
      78 E
      79 F
      80 G
      81 H
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

Thanks WildKat! Put away with the old fuel. If I don't have issues I will be surprised.

Deny

Comment

Welcome Denyp.These bikes are addictive!I love mine.Anyhow I saw a stock exhaust on crigslist.I do live in Spokane,Wa. though.I just checked and the ad is still there.He claims it is brand new old stock. I didn't contact the guy so I dont know what he wants for it or if he'll ship,but here is the # if you are interested.509-218-2197
          80 SG XS1100
          14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Hey DenyP, if your headers are still in good shape and you are not lookin to do a concourse restoration, there are other muffler options available= Ebay is your friend.

Welcome

Comment

Welcome!!!

You have allready herd that this is a great place to be. It is!!!
              I can see from the pics a gas can, burn barrel, and a tool box, all within 3 feet.....I can also see into the future, you will fit in just fine!
              Flatlander

'81 XS11H

Comment

Three words for you DenyP...

CLEAN THOSE CARBS!!!! do it now and you'll be glad you did later.

I've seen many pics here in our wonderful forum, and I'd have to say that my '79 Standard is among the rattiest bikes around. BUT, it runs great and gives me very little problems. Planning an Ironbutt run from Buffalo, NY to Altlanta, GA this Memorial Day. I got mine for free, and have been putting cash into it as I can. Mostly into the gas tank LOL...Over 5,000 miles since last summer.

Those headers look to be in great shape, so I would suggest a pair of slip-ons from Dennis Kirk for now, until you find an original pair you both like and can afford. I have a combination of Mac headers and Vmax cans on mine. Took a LOT of work to get the Vmax cans to mount up, but was well worth it to me. Also have a Suzuki seat just kind of sitting on the frame, mismatched mirrors, LED turn signals, a GSX-1200 headlight setup, and an integrated turn/tail/stop/lookatme light.

I'd have to say from the pics that you got a GREAT deal on an awesome bike that will give you MILES of fun and also teach you a few things about old iron. If you don't know much about turning wrenches now, you will by the end of Summer!!

So anyhow...welcome to the group and enjoy a great ride on a great machine! Be proud that you now own the fastest stock bike ever produced in 1978-79. First stock production bike to turn 10's in the 1/4 mile I believe.
                "Rat Rod"
                79 XS1100 Standard
                87 VMAX cans
                Cheap Japanese Tires
                Cobalt Blue Rattle Can Paint
                Custom Lighting on a Budget

Perry Center Fire Department
                Perry Emergency Ambulance

"If we don't do it, who will?"

Some people have one of those days, I have one of those lives...

Comment

Thanks again for the Great Welcome!

Deny

Comment

Working...
                  X