Why I've been away....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I've been away....

Last fall, I ran into this bike. It was really cheap, mostly because it came as a bare frame, primered tank and six plastic bins full of NOS and lightly used parts, including a big bore kit and a freshly bored block.

This took my mind off Succubus, my XS, while she was acting too coy for rides.

This is a K0 Honda CB750. I know it's not an XS, and I know it's not even a Yamaha, but I was pretty happy with the way it turned out. It runs like new.[IMG][/IMG]
    The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
    1969 Yamaha DT1B
    Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

I got my first speeding ticket on one of those...

Nice work, and you won't have half the trouble getting parts for it.

Dan
    Youthful speed demon.
    Automotive Imbecile.
    Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
    '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
    1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

"""I know it's not an XS, and I know it's not even a Yamaha"""

Nothing wrong with that bike.
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Not a yamaha

Nice looking old Honda there ive redone a few of those and like they said you can find everything for those always nice to have a backup ride
        79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
        80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
        06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
        2000 Concours
        84 Kawi KLR600
        79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
        79 XR250
        Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
        John

Comment

Looks REALLY good!

What's it bored out to?

I REALLY like the spoke wheels on that one!

and ummmm... I wouldn't park it too close to Succubus... She may try to drain its life too... They get jealous, you know...

Hopefully, she'll cooperate and get you up here next month... but the Honda is more than welcome too!
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

Nothing wrong with that...

Nice looking Honda. You did some great work to it. It's really clean.
            Maybe it will be an initiative for Succubus. If she gets jealous, her fickle heart may melt a little and she'll lose some of her winsome ways...
            I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
            80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
            79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

What's it bored out to?

The original 736cc block has been bored out to 810cc, Kat. The original compression was 9; this goes at about 10.5. Also, it has a high performance cam. Below 5000 rpm it has all the power of about a 400. And, while the tach doesn't work, I know when I hit 5500 rpm. That's when my shoulders jerk. Hard.

It would be interesting to see how it would go head-to-head with my XS. The top end on the XS is much higher, of course, but the this bike is very torquey in the power band. It kills my 1975 Honda CB750 K5. The wheelbase is about six feet less than the XS, though, so the cornering is much more impressive.

Patrick
              The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
              1969 Yamaha DT1B
              Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

Old Hondas

Hey i remember back in teh Day when Powroll use to make a 903 CC kit for the 750"s made a great sleeper bike. and like ya said above 5K ya betetr hold on i had on i did that kit to and it would pull almost as hard as my Suzuki GS1100E and that was a beast. Now all ya gotta do is out smart teh old Girl maybe someone needs to come do an Exercisiom on her lOL Good luck and you do very nice work
                John
                79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
                80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
                06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
                2000 Concours
                84 Kawi KLR600
                79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
                79 XR250
                Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
                John

Comment

Yer bike brings back memories! I had a K1 when I met my wife.

Deny
                  1978 XS1100E - The TimeMachine
                  1980 XS850 Special - Little Mo

Comment

Working...
                  X