Upset With Prom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upset With Prom

He was saying the other day about days without birthdays and today is my birthday and i DID NOT get a happy birthday from him yet LOL. But prom likes for people to get upset, that is what makes him the happiest. XS11.COM and exquized1 sent their wishes to me. Besides i need to fluff to get my post up so i can be a GURU and get all the FREE beers and stuff like he does.
    Thanks Tom
    82 XJ DAILY RIDE
    78 XS1100E FIXING UP
    79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
    79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
    80 XS1100SG FULL DRESS BIKE
    82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

"I feel your pain."

No, Cool Tom, it is a concern of mine.
    I figger'd eventually the issue would be raised by someone. I had always figger'd it'd be raised by someone who's opinion mattered just a little more than yours...But, here's the issue anyway.
    I'm concerned that my birthday wishes would seem partial to some... ignoring the blessed days of others.
    How to poke fun at people... yet how not to leave anybody out?
    Now, with over 3,000 people on this site.. what to do?
    Granted, most of the people listed are inactive members.(As I wish more people like you would be)
    Anyway...
    No, you'll note that I only herald birthdays of GURUs.(or those close to it)
    Reasons?
    They post often... and most people would recognize their names.
    (The exception was WildKat. Not a Guru-ette , but exceptional, none the less. I'm sure you'll agree)
    Truthfully... I limit it to GURUs as they're used to my barbs, and wouldn't take offense like a newer member would. Even if they did... what could they do about it?
    I do read the birthday list each day... noting the names, and wishing I could do more... but time doesn't permit me to skewer everybody.
    But, seeing how this is your special day, and you have this need for attention:
    Happy Birthday to Cool Tom.
    (whether he deserves it or not)
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

"Oh, and more specialness..."

Nice going, Cool Tom.
      Oh, I'll remember you for this!
      Thank you for making me waste my 3,000th post trying to placate your whining.
      I hope you burn your nostril hairs blowing out the candles on your COSTCO cake.
      "It's my birthday, no one loves me."
      DAMNED RIGHT!

Comment

"I need to fluff to get my post up so I can be a GURU and get all the FREE beers and stuff - - - "
        Hi Cool Tom,
        I hate to be the bluebird of happiness that's defecating on your birthday cake but alas, you can fluff until your fluffer is sore to achieve GURU status and still there will be no free beer, nor any stuff.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I think the entire concept of being a GURU simply because you’ve glued your butt to the chair in front of a computer monitor is pathetic. I believe I should be a GURU because I have owned my bike since '92, fully cleaned my carbs an average of one time for every year of bike ownership. I learned the hard way (before I found this great site) to diagnosis and repair all manner of electrical problems, and for my final feat, I traveled solo to all four corners of the USA in ten days.

P.S. my birthday is in 2 days.

First bike was an: 1978 XS1100
          Second bike is an FJR1300.
          Now I'm restoring a '79 XS1100.

Comment

"Soon to be another face on a milk carton."

What insolence!
            Lake Stevens, huh?
            I can make it out there... give you your "special" present and be back in time for Oprah, with no one being the wiser.

Comment

originally posted by Prom
              Thank you for making me waste my 3,000th post
              3000 posts
              and yet your but a regular ole moderator....
              while I be Super...
              Must be a VESPA thing

Happy 3k posts Prom.

mro
              Oh ya,
              Happy birthday Cool Tom

Comment

Happy Birthday Cool Tom!

(and happy 3000th post, prometheus!)

RUSH... if it makes you feel any better... I think there are several here who should be made honorary Gurus... Dan Hodges comes to mind at the top of that list... There are Gurus... and there are Truru Gurus...
                Just keep in mind that if someone has enough posts to be a Guru... they should've learned something around here...
                I'll be hitting that 1000 post mark soon... but will ask that the title be changed to avoid confusion with any of those Gurus who can actually be of assistance...
                81 SH Something Special
                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by mro

3000 posts
                  and yet your but a regular ole moderator....
                  while I be Super...
                  Must be a VESPA thing

Happy 3k posts Prom.

mro
                  Oh ya,
                  Happy birthday Cool Tom
                  Hey MRO,

Not anymore!!!! Yeah Ken Talbot is a SUPER Mod, but that's an Administrative title with other duties/responsibilities, so I "modded" his MOD status a little !

Hey Prom, congrats on the 3k posts also! Guess folks can really tell who on here don't have a lives!!

And Happy B'day to you too, Tom, keep "Cool" ..

And for you...Don't "RUSH" those B'days, they come too quickly as it is!
                  T.C.
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

"I tells ya, T.C...."

Guess folks can really tell who on here don't have a life!!
                    I'm a fixin' to get riled...

I gets any more sassy talk out o' these people... they'll be a few more members here not havin' lives, either!

Comment

"Where's MRO... where's MRO?"

Hey... tough guy...
                      Had to run yer mouth, didn't ya?

Now, you know me... Mr. Humble..., I didn't ask for it. I was perfectly content with how things were.
                      Just a modest Moderator... flitting from thread to thread, as a butterfly would visit each flower...
                      Helping those in need.. and asking nothing in return... just a smile, or a thank you...
                      A friend to all... and to all, a friend.
                      Then there's people like you, MRO, whom nobody likes.
                      Makes the bile rise in my throat....
                      Brings out a side of me that I never show here...

Well, SUPER GURU MRO...
                      Admin has seen me suffer in silence from the taunts of people like you for too long.
                      They have seen fit to... well, you can read it for yourself.(or maybe not)
                      I believe that trumps Super Guru.

Comment

Half Guru/Half wit

Seven more posts until I hit 500!

Seems like only yesterday I didn't know sh!t from shinola. Hang on, that WAS yesterday!

Dan
                        Boob.
                        Automotive Imbecile.
                        Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
                        '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
                        1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Seems like only yesterday I didn't know sh!t from shinola.

Hi Dan,
                          It's easy to tell the difference.
                          If it's soft and spreadable but doesn't stink and isn't brown, it's shinola. OTOH, if it's soft, spreadable, dark brown and tastes strange, it's Vegemite.
                          Fred Hill, S'toon
                          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58
                            Yeah Ken Talbot is a SUPER Mod, but that's an Administrative title with other duties/responsibilities, so I "modded" his MOD status a little !
                            Almost feel like I should be joining in here too, but hey, I'm sort of unique! I'm still inching my way towards 3000, at least in this incarnation of the forum. Can't remember how many posts I had back in the old Yahoo forum, which I still administer, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get caught like Prom did with a throw-away post to mark the auspicious occasion.
                            Ken Talbot

Comment

originally posted by Go...Da Boss
                              Hey MRO,
                              Not anymore!!!!
                              Mr. Humble
                              had to sick the big dude on me (TC be one big dude too )

SO Mr Moderator "X"traordinaire (does have a nice ring to it)
                              Remember...don't spit in to the wind, don't tug on my cape

mro
                              BTW, TOM...
                              Growing old is a question of mind over matter. Provided you don’t mind it really doesn’t matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X