final drive conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• final drive conversion

Can someone give me the link to changing final drive using the 750 drive?
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Hi Motoman,

CLICK!

AlanB
    If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

motoman,

I think Maxi has banned us
      Nubee

Comment

The pics

are on the BETA test site...
        750 Final Drive Mod
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Nubee

Comment

Originally posted by nubee
            motoman,

I think Maxi has banned us
            What has happened is Maximan did remove the photos from the hosting site, but the text of his post is still viewable. I have dome three of them, and it truly is very easy to do.
            Last edited by John; 04-28-2008, 08:07 PM.

Comment

drive conversion

Thanks for the links Wildcat and AlanB! Got them saved for the final touch on the Venturer1100. Should reduce the fuel consumption and put those rpm's right in the "sweet spot" at 80mph. Have gotten spoiled on the ST getting 48-50mpg@80mph, and always looking for that "extra" gear when climbing aboard the XS. By comparison, the ST's RPM's are a bit less at a given speed in fourth than the XS's RPM's are in fifth. This should make the Venturer1100 the classic sport-tourer that it was.............and still is. And with the 180watt stereo cranked, it has one-up on my ST...........and that's hard to beat if you know the reputation of the ST's
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
              X