Citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizen

SWMBO and I became Canadas newest citizens today after passing the (ridiculously easy) test.
    Now dual Canadian/English passport holders

To put it in perspective - this has been a 16 year effort from dream/conception to today, and I dread to think of the $'s involved although worth every penny.
    Big day for us.
    Si Parker
    '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Congrats!! It's always nice when something you have worked for comes together.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

"We 've been waiting for you to leave so that we can talk about you."

We'll leave the light on for ya.
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

slight correction to your declaration

Congratulations to you and your better half, Si.

However, there is a required amendment to your citizenship status... you don't have dual citizenship, you have tri-citizenship... Canadian/English/Xs'er
        1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
        1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
        1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
        1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
        2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

Gongrats, eh!

Have a Moosehead for us and let us know how the healthcare really is.
          Mike Giroir
          79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

A few $martA$$ remarks came to mind, but....
            Must be nice to be a legitament citizen

Congratulations

mro

Comment

Greetings fellow citizen

Hi Si,
              me too. Landed immigrant '69, Citizen '77.
              Fred Hill, S'toon
              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Really Fred? Where from originally?

Healthcare so far has been fantastic - and I have definitely tested it with a few injuries (mashed finger, 14 stitches in ear, tooth knocked out and three stitches in lip etc....).

More of a Coors guy but will have a Moosehead just 'cos you told me to!

Don't feel very much different, but then a buddy of mine came out last week to live permanently (he's very jealous by the way) and when we started chatting - him fresh from England - I realised how much my language has changed. Not the accent but the words I use.
                Si Parker
                '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

Good on yer mate. I'd love to emigrate to Canada. I was there a few years ago for 4 months. No disrespect to the USofA, but i thought it was the best country i've been to. Mainly out with the farm boys in the wheatlands of Saskatchewan, Wadena to be precise, but also travelled over to Edmonton and Calgary and a bit in the foothills of the Rockies. Maybe i'll be back one day. It's the usual story, lack of cash. England has had it's day i reckon, you've made the best move. All the best.

Comment

"coo-roo-coo-coo-coo-coo-coo-coo"

Congrats!!!

I have heard that back bacon goes well with Moosehead
                    Dave
                    1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

Working...
                    X