Someone in Los Angeles area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone in Los Angeles area?

I'm looking for someone more knowledgeable than myself to point me where I should go from here on my bike maintenance.

I believe I have the think in fair working order. Besides some obvious things I need to fix, some old bolts need replacing and just recently discovered some wiring issues I should be able to handle. I just finished a 360mi trip with no issues spending a lot of that time up around 90mph (I-5 is a long boring haul) so I'm pretty confidant nothing major is an issue. Its the small things that might be bigger later, etc.

I'm new to bikes and don't think I'd recognize anything wrong that wasn't blatantly obvious. I'm hoping someone could come over to Pomona and take a ride to see if anything seems off to them.
    Looking for an XS

79 XS1100SF (RIP)
    - stock standard headers(stupid PO), slip-on after-market mufflers.
    - after-market rear shocks (PO installed)
    - no airbox, POD filters

Misery remembered is ADVENTURE!

OK

I could do that and I'm rather close and I get to Pomona pretty regular. Been doing the maintenance and repairs on these things for 2 yrs and 2 bikes now, plus a couple of other's bikes. Would be better if you could bring it here though, then I have all the things I need to insure it's right. Also there is another XS11 near you in Chino. We could all go for some rides together.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Richard made my xs f run far better than i ever could. I live in chino Richard knows were and i have plenty of nuts & bolts. Plus some other stuff you might need. One more do you know Ron West he used to race salt flats turbo gs 1100. Hes from fullerton area
      Pete J

Comment

thanks guys. Going for a ride sounds great, maybe in a week or two once I'm settled in my class schedule.
        Looking for an XS

79 XS1100SF (RIP)
        - stock standard headers(stupid PO), slip-on after-market mufflers.
        - after-market rear shocks (PO installed)
        - no airbox, POD filters

Misery remembered is ADVENTURE!

Comment

fan ...

If I don't know something about this bike, which is often, Richard is the go-to guy. He's fixed lots of my issues and quickly too.
          80G Mini-bagger
          VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
          79SF eventually dismantled for parts
          79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
          79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
          79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Working...
          X