Just another FNG saying hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gosh Ed....

the northern riders are going to think you're taunting them a bit... of course, we know better...

and having lived in your part of the world for a bit... YES!! SOOO worth it! (totally from a motorcycle rider's perspective though)

Thanks for the acronym lesson, Rundle... I'd seen it before, but I guess I was a bit too naive to even think of that one (ahem... )

Great way to get a great bike too! Kind of a bear to get them on the road sometimes... but ever so worth it!
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

Oh Wow,
      CA weather has got ya spoiled for sure, the only time you hear bitter and 40 degrees in the same sentence around here you are talking about -40. That is about the time we start putting the long handled underwear on. At 40 above you will see us around outside in T-shirts and sandals. As a matter of fact it is just 34 degrees here this morning and I have been outside in a T-shirt and tennis shoes shoveling the deck off for the last half hour. Will go and empty sap buckets in a couple of hours and won't wear much more, just need knee boots to get around in the snow in the woods.
      The Old Tamer
      1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Originally posted by 79XS11F
        I checked the record for the summer of 1971 and highs were at or just above 20* C. on most days. So they are likely right to expect 90 days of cooler then normal temps :-( ...
        Rob
        Nuthin' wrong with 'just above 20c' ... makes for good ridin' weather as well as making it a lot more comfortable wearing cow skins and other protective devices.

Now, just gotta make sure we keep that raining weather away... preferably diverting it to So Cal

Hmmm... wish we were payin' $3.75 for a gallon of gas...

p.s. welcome aboard Rundle. There's quite a few of us XSers in the area.
        1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
        1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
        1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
        1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
        2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

Working...
        X