Rallies and Owner's Association Banner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rallies and Owner's Association Banner

If you are planning a rally and would like to have the XS-XJ banner there. let me know. This is the way it works. I ship the banner out to whoever is willing to take responsibility for it, and that person returns it to me, or forwards it to the next rally contact person. Cost of shipping usually runs $12.00 - $15.00, so there is an expense to take on the stewardship. Banner is shipped in a cardboard tube, about 6 inches in diameter and 4 feet long. Banner size is, if I remember correctly, about 3 feet high and 6 feet long. In addition to grommets at all 4 corners there are extra grommets top and bottom to aid in hanging.

LadyBarTender has expressed and interest in getting the banner for XS East, working on that now. Anyone else let me know so I can put together a schedule and contact names and addresses.

This photo courtesy of DragonRider and was taken at TeXSive in 2002. He added a traveling 'guest book' to the banner packaging, and I ask that folks who rally under the banner sign the guest book as well.

Last year the banner made it to XS East, (New York) Camp Spearfish, (South Dakota) Big Island Duce, (Ladysmith, British Columbia) and TeXSive. (Texas) It appears to be holding up pretty well!

You can see this and photos of other past rallies by going to the Rallies section of the forum and select "from the beginning" in the date drop-down box. This box is at the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Yes we want the banner again!

Hey Jerry,
    We will be wanting the banner again this year if it's available.
    TeXSive Rally 2003 will be on Sept. 26-29 this year. I will contact you when the time comes to get the banner from you.
    Thanks for all the hard work on the banner, it is great.
    Ride Safe.
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Jerry,

I will be happy to hand carry it from XS East to Bill Kingson's mini-rally in Maine, unless Bill wants to. June 1-8 or so.

Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Working...
      X