XS1100 Big Bore Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS1100 Big Bore Turbo

I found an interesting XS11 with a Google search at: http://www.dealsonwheels.com/search/...tos__ID/100626
    It's a little PRICEY but sounds nice.
    Bill Murrin
    Nashville, TN
    1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
    1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
    2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
    2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
    1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
    2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Yes, that is a nice bike.
    I believe that is the one that some of us were talking about a while back, but the price was $34,000.00. We were wondering if the guy was crazy or if it was a misprint.
    Apparently he fixed his mistake.
    I'd pay 3K for it if i have the cash.
    Last edited by Wayne; 02-06-2003, 10:12 AM.
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

go for it wayne!!!!!!!! texas turbo nutter,cool bike hope you get a deal on it buddy,cheers p.s. never switch a turbo bike off without idling for a minute or so as the turbo is lubricated by the engine and is spinning way faster than the engine,lasts much longer if you do this
      Last edited by chopper; 02-06-2003, 11:09 AM.
      mick
      xs1.1s(x2)
      gsxr1100(1127)
      gsx1100g(x2)
      trophy900
      bonneville750

http://www.tonyfoale.com/

Comment

Good info Mick. I'll never buy that bike though.
        I would like to find a stripped XS standard fer cheep and put a turbo on it. Don't know if you could even buy that turbo now days.
        Ride Safe friend.

Comment

Here is another XS turbo.

I wonder what front end he has on that bike Mick?
          It looks like the whole frame is different acctually.
          Still, very cool moto.

Comment

Turbo - nutters

Like the Picture.

Can't say much about the front end 'upside downies' but that back tail piece looks suspiciously like a Yam Exup.

Frame may even be a chopped around XS11 - with the bottom rails taken out. Looks like a lot of work.

Turbo's are interesting - but I always like the idea of supercharging. Less lag and plumbing.

Saw a Rob North Triumph 750 'cafe racer' with a mini supercharger fitted about 10 years ago - looked very trick and certainly dissappeared pretty fast.

Was at a bike rally in 2001 and met Pete who has a supercharged Guzzi T3 that looks pretty standard. I think he justs likes surprising the road rockets when they can't catch him, with his girlfriend on the back AND all the camping stuff!

Think for the moment I'll be content with getting the XS on the road this summer!
            XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
            Guzzi 850
            Z1000

Comment

Hmm...
              Supercharged, now that is a scarry thought! Anyone ever seen that on an XS?

Comment

Re: Turbo - nutters

Originally posted by uk1.1s

Can't say much about the front end 'upside downies' but that back tail piece looks suspiciously like a Yam Exup.

Frame may even be a chopped around XS11 - with the bottom rails taken out. Looks like a lot of work. hi graham,wayne the frame has bottom rails graham??? i think your close with the seat tho i'd guess owo1 or fzr400r.front end i think could be yam? the six pots look similar to four pots on r1,r6.but maybe its aftermarket stuff? tupperware(plastic containers) bikes are just a source of parts to me.
                mick
                xs1.1s(x2)
                gsxr1100(1127)
                gsx1100g(x2)
                trophy900
                bonneville750

http://www.tonyfoale.com/

Comment

Working...
                X