Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I talked myself out of it.

I even had my buddy's trailer lined up.
    If it hadn't started raining an hour ago... I would have talked myself back into it.

Craig's List.... Seattle...
    Guy sellin' bikes and parts.

Two XS11's...
    79 Standard missing tank and carbs. Engine out of frame.
    80 Special, was dropped I think.
    Titles for both, I believe.
    Lots of other parts.
    I called and talked to the guy...
    Lives in Tumwater/Olympia area
    $200 takes both bikes and all the etc's!
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Hey Prom dont you have enough parts laying around?Old bikes have old bike parts...not sure how well they held up over the yrs.....but for sure for $200 I'd bet there are alot of salvagable parts....
    Last edited by madmax-im; 03-06-2008, 08:03 PM.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

You could make twice that off the spare parts on Ebay alone.

I never see deals like that around here, sadly. Finally saw an XS11 on Craigslist here. Was barely running and looked ragged out but guy still wanted $950 for it. Not even going to bother arguing with him over it.
      80 XS1100SG
      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

'I know... I know..."

But I already have 4 of them. (plus several other bikes)
        Seriously, I just don't have the room any longer.
        But boy, was I ever tempted!
        It's not like I have a huge parts warehouse like Andreas.
        Even if I did get them , what then?
        Get 'em running and then what... sell them?
        You know I can't do that.

They'd just end up sitting in the back yard, under a tarp, like all the rest of my projects.

Ebay would be a hassle for me. That would mean that eventually I'd have to mail stuff.
        That would also mean that eventually, I'd have to leave the house and go out in public.

I'm too much the Boo Radley to do that!

Comment

Not true Prom. Now, USPS has a special hermit program where you do everything online and schedule some poor postal employee to pick it up at you lair... I mean cave...uh, compound?
          '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

No room, you say?

Hi Pro,
            you just gotta move to somewhere with more space, is all. Mebbe an acreage with a big ol' barn and a teensy little house. A neighborhood that don't cost much. I see a triangular plot bordered by the rail tracks, the interstate and a swamp?
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Hey Pro...........got some spare room here.........they could keep whatever one not being ridden company till other got back........miss a couple turns and pooof, Col. state line, I-70, Exit 37........plus sunshine here.........too many amenities to list.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

The last bike I bought on a whim, I ended up just giving it to my brother, as I didn't have the room.

Thanks, Fred.
                I could kidnap stranded females offa the interstate, tie them to the railroad tracks(while twiddling the ends of my handlebar moustache) and then dispose of the remains in the swamp.
                There's a certain convenience in that!

Comment

PROM :
                  I could kidnap stranded females offa the interstate, tie them to the railroad tracks(while twiddling the ends of my handlebar moustache) and then dispose of the remains in the swamp.
                  Didn't someone up there do this already??? Green what??
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG
                  XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                  XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

"He was caught, yet I roam free... Go figger!"

I think our moustaches are different, too.

Comment

"Monkey on my back"

Sluggo called this morning to tell that he got his XS running after winter. I made the mistake of telling him about the two XS's for sale.
                      He re-convinces me to get them.
                      The phone rings a few minutes later... My buddy down the street wants to know if I still need the trailer.
                      I can see that cosmic forces are aligning against me, and I give in.

I stop in at my buddy's house and help drag the trailer from his back yard to the driveway.
                      I then go to the bank and pull out $200.
                      I stop once again at my buddy's house.... not to hook up the trailer, but to push it back into his back yard.

So now, here I sit... (with $200 in my pocket and a pissed off friend down the street) pulling my hair out, biting the skin on my arms and watching day-glow colored spiders crawling on the walls.
                      The only thing harder to kick than a heroin habit, is an XS addiction.

Comment

you can always store some of it here
                        Heck, I might even buy some of the stuff from you. I only have two bikes and nine trucks and 3 trailers, I still have room, just not a good trailer yet!
                        1979XS100SF
                        2007 Dyna wide glide
                        Too many dodge trucks to list!

Comment

Working...
                        X