Shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooters

How many USPSA shooters are XS11 riders?

Just started shooting with one of the local clubs. Man this is fun. I'm going to a big shoot at the Sir Walter Gun Club in Raleigh NC today. This will be a seven stage match with 4 of the stages being classifiers. I'll put 150 rounds down range today. One of the reasons this game is better than golf is that I can put all my gear on the back of the 11 and ride it to the match. Can't do that with Golf. Check out the wbe site

http://www.uspsa.org/
    wingnut
    81 SH (Daily Ride)
    81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
    81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
    82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
    81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

miss this activity ..

Yup ... that's fun, alright. I've put the website in my favorites. There used to be an indoor range (The Range) in Manitou Spgs., Co back in the day. Many of my co-workers then were into Practical Pistol Shooting and, being a military vet, it came pretty natural to me.

Haven't been on a range since those days .... but you're right, it's a ton of excitement and who knows when it may be useful. I'm reminded of the incident that occurred a few months back at that church in C. Spgs where a civilian woman on Sunday morning service security duty took out some f----n' nut case who entered the church with a gun and mal intent having just killed some others in Denver hours earlier. Still have the Gold Cup National Match too .... only gets occasional outdoor use these days.
    80G Mini-bagger
    VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
    79SF eventually dismantled for parts
    79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
    79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
    79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

I haven't shot a USPSA match. I have shot IDPA, that was fun. I shoot SASS cowboy matches. Shot one today. There is more places to shoot cowboy around than anything else.
      79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
      79 SF parts bike.

Comment

I had my Gold Cup out last Sunday. We go to an indoor range, and usually go through about 50 rounds each. I will be out of action for a little while, though. I had a part break in the trigger group, and it's ONLY used on the Gold Cup! I hope to have it back from the smith in a few weeks!!
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Interesting that you should mention that, Ray. My little brother had mine out looking it over a few months back. While cycling the action, he pointed out some weird sloppiness in the reciever. Hmmmm ...... I need to check it out closer, I guess.
          80G Mini-bagger
          VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
          79SF eventually dismantled for parts
          79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
          79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
          79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Working...
          X