30th Anniv. Patches choice poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is

when ordering the patches you have to do it with a usual minimum quantity of 50. It works out so that it will be at least $200 if you order 50 at approximately $4 each or 100 at approximately $2 each.

If more than 2 designs are ordered, then someone will lose money on the deal and nobody should have to do that. We all love these bikes... but to lose money on something like this? Nope...

It isn't a competition... it's a matter of respect and courtesy. Had an agreement been made before the original patch had been offered.. that would have been one thing, but this was in the works for a long time. In an ideal situation an alternative design would have been offered at the same time as the original with prior notice going to Ralph and Wayne. If you check the northeast rallies section, you will see that they had this thing in the works for a very long time and TC knew this.
    So maybe another design would be more favorable to some... but in this case... with one already having been made and offered... anything else should have taken a backseat.

Tod, you're just a nice guy... some of us tend to get worked up a bit more easily.... not me, of course (ahem)
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

Fact is Kat is right abt this issue.Ralph and Wayne early on took this in and went with it.They offered up their design... so because of all their effort and hard work...out of respect for that I decided to order them.I felt in my mind that it is important to support those who go to great lengths to provide for our XS/XJ1100 community.While there are many varied opinions here which I respect...it is somewhat disturbing to me that this alienation of those who offered their time and energy to help are now feeling left out.To me that is not fair and is somewhat disrespectful of those who volunteered to help commemorate the venerable XS1100.As has been stated by others...there are many different ways to do the same thing but....when it comes to someone trying to help for the benefit of all we should ALWAYS reward and support that.Otherwise ppl will say see?No way I am gonna do anything because look what happened here....So TC while I might prefer your design I feel your timing is lousy..sorry but there should have been more input from others much earlier than what we have seen here.So with that in mind I would take 2 patches of each design.Peace....BNE
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

The POLL has been reopened per MadBiker/Ralph's request.

He and I have emailed recently about this situation. I also posted in the other thread the events that had transpired to the best of my understanding. I have reiterated that I think Ralph's design would look better with the use of the OEM fonts for the namebadge of the bike: XS Eleven . And he might want to reconsider the actual width size as several folks have expressed that 6.5" does seem a bit much!?

As I stated, I have WITHDRAWN my patch. Ralph informed me that he had NOT yet ordered them. He wanted the poll reopened to get a realistic view of the # of folks that are still interested and pledging to purchase his design. He had received comments and pledges for over 50 in the replies to his original design before I opened my big mouth! It only costs a few bucks more to order 100 than just 50 and makes them more affordable for everyone.

If Ralph decides to proceed with his patch, I won't interfere and will NOT even consider proceeding with the alternative design until he posts that he has sold out of his allotment/order!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Very cool

I love happy endings
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

I wanna do one toooo

Just kiddin
            Nubee

Comment

nubie...i'll just stand over here in the corner and hand out fire extinguishers.....this has already been a very touchy subject amongst the higher up's and now ya wanna throw jet fuel on the match....i know you are kidding, but this has really been an issue here and members are putting their $$$ on the line to let us members have patches that they have worked months on.....now, on the up side....i like your idea, but would have to stay loyal to the original ideas and designs....just my 2 cents.....ross
              rebel devil
              1979 xs 1100f standard
              authenic historical vehicle
              42°36'23.52"N, 82°52'44.78"W
              "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"
              "i got 14 jobs mon....you only got 1 job....you lazy bones mon"
              "if you don't wrench on it, get behind me satan!"
              '96 venture cct.....installed!
              stainless, braided, pvc coated brake lines
              i can translate...deustch, nederlands, 汉语, 漢語, français, ελληνικά, italiano, 한국어, português, русско, español and most importantly, 日本語....

Comment

Thanks ross

It all seems a little silly to me

I'll just grab my ankles now
                Nubee

Comment

An-naive-rsary?

Hey nubee, your design is pretty cool!
                  Flows very nicely...

and life would be so boring without being silly every now and again...

as for grabbing your ankles... might want to be careful as there could be some with a spanking fetish...

(again)
                  81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                  80 LG Black Magic
                  78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                  For those on FB

Comment

"...spanking fetish..."

This from you and you WON'T pose on an XS with the thong.....
                    Marty in NW PA
                    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Yes well...

it's for your own protection...
                      81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                      80 LG Black Magic
                      78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                      For those on FB

Comment

pose away

one man's/woman's poison is another man's/woman's meat
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Stop Whining-Kat in a thong

Nubee

Comment

Can you do the oval without "stretching" the bike?
                            Rob
                            KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
                            1978 XS500E
                            1979 XS1100F Restored
                            1980 XS1100 SG
                            1981 Suzuki GS1100
                            1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
                            1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

79XS11F,

Sure, but the stretching was intentional and meant to depict the bike at "Warp Speed"
                              Nubee

Comment

Originally posted by nubee
                                Re: Stop Whining-Kat in a thong
                                I wasn't whining! Really! I wasn't whiiiining!!!

Hey! That's not fair! Totally made my last post in this thread look out of place... changing the wording on me... hmph...

Okay... now I'm whining...

I'll bring the whine... someone else please cut the cheese...
                                81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                                80 LG Black Magic
                                78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                                For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                                X