X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

outlet in the UK?

Last time I looked Tom...
    you are surrounded by sea.
    Would think there be a lot'a seafoam around on any windy day.

mro
    Hey Prom, any of the Triumphs worth having?
    Have seen a few around (two cylinder jobs) looked pretty nice.

Comment

"Never heard of any problems with them."

Nice looking and easy to work on.

Ask GNEPIG... he picked this one up last year.
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Last time I looked Tom...you are surrounded by sea.
        "Its only an Island if you look at it from the water"
        Chief Brody, Jaws

Roy Scheider RIP

An Auto shop owner friend of mine bought a new Triumph twin like that one (beautiful bike) and had the pipes blue straight away, he hooked his Triumph up to the shop exhaust gas analyzer and found it was way too lean compared to the spec figures, to the point where he wondered how it ever ran

He complained to Triumph explaining that the carbs weren't set up right and sent them a print out from the gas analyzer, they apologized and sent him new pipes.

My PROPER Triumph
        Tom
        1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
        1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
        1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
        1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

"Yeah, they're set up lean."

Triumph Speed Masters and such were lean too, but they had much thicker pipes... never blued at all.
          Tom, I had a few knowlegeable owners request rejetting before picking up their new Triumphs. (I'd only charge "A bottle of Crown Royal"... as you can change the jets without removing the carbs.
          (What I'd charge to remove the emission's crap I'll never say... nor will I ever admit to doing it.)
          While I'm thinking about it... note to GNEPIG:
          If the carbs ever flood into the airbox, or you lay the bike down, that charcoal canister set-up on the left side is garbage.

"The bluing is just part of your new Triumph's 'individual' personality."

"Sir... there have been only two people who've fired up this bike... me, and some boob who tested the engine at the factory. I can assure you that it's not my thumbprint that's burned into the chrome on your pipes!"
          "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Majic stuff

The gurus say go with Seafoam or Techron. Almost the same. My friend Pat, (Freds Yamaha, Syracuse, NY) uses it for "Italian Tuneups" as he calls them. He puts about half a small can in the tank. Fills the tank after to disperse the stuff. Then heads for the hills, literally! He starts the ritual by going up steep hills in the highest gear possible to load the engine with bursts of too much throttle. This he says DE-carbonizes the piston, cylinder and cleans the valves. Then he goes back down the hills and shuts down the throttle abruptly in a low gear cause the rear wheel to drive the engine with the throttle closed. This he says causes a back pressure and cleans the jets, ETC... This process takes about an hour and a half and half a tank of gas and Seafoam or Techron. A customer we both know came in with a 1981 KZ1000 that would not even idle. I jumped on my '80g and he on the KZ1000. Limped to Advance Auto supply. Bought Seafoam. Across the street to Citgo, (he likes that also). Half the can of Seafoam & fill er up. Up and down Seally hill, and presto. I could just about pull away from him on the way back. We did a carb sink and told the owner we catch him later.

The stuff works period.

Floyd '80G

Comment

Seafoam good! Saved me a carb overhaul on a Maxim 650. Keeps Kong tuned up. Last week I put a can of it in a tank of diesel in my F-250. Got 3 mpg better out of that tank then the previous one. Must have cleaned the injectors or something. Or the kid didn't fill the neck as full this time. Only bikers get to do their own fuel in the PRO (Peoples Republic of Oregon).
              1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

The more I hear how good this stuff is the more I want to find some
                Tom
                1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
                1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
                1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
                1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

Working...
                X