First ride..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First ride..

Took my 1st ride of the year today! It's still a bit chilly out there though. Saw quite a few bikes out on my short spin, but didn't get to show them the power of the 11 as they were going the other way
    I've been laid up since 1-4-08 with a herniated disc and wasn't able to do s*&^. Finally feeling better and starting to get the bike ready for the nice weather.
    I have been working on replacing my muffs with some off of a HD a buddy gave me. I had to cut some stubs from his old exhaust and fab some hangers, but it works well and doesn't look half bad either. I'm losing my crossover and rubber bumpers, but oh well. Took it down to the muffler shop so they could tack weld my stubs onto the collectors. Just waiting for it to cool down so I can pull the pipes and take em back down to finish welding them.
    My buddy who gave me the muffs is checking with another friend to see how much he will rape me to powdercoat the whole exhaust. I think i will have a few other pieces powdered at the same time.
    Anybody else in the NW riding this weekend?
    1979XS100SF
    2007 Dyna wide glide
    Too many dodge trucks to list!

DO NOT powder coat the exhaust!!! Powder coating WILL NOT hold up to the heat. It burns off at about 400 F, and the exhaust hits about 900 F at the heads. You will have to get the system ceramic coated to withstand the heat.

Glad to hear you are doing better! I just talked with my mom last night, but forgot to ask about the weather up there. She is in Tacoma, and my older sister lives in Dupont.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Supposed to be good to 1200 degrees

http://www.forrestpaint.com/stovebright/mini_pack1.html

mro

Comment

Working...
      X