insurance 25 yrs or older

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance 25 yrs or older

i live in ontario Canada and am having a real hard time finding insurance for my bike because it is 25yrs old.
    Can any one help me.
    I have a 1983 yamaha xj1100j Maxim and i I fully restored it.
    I would really like to ride this year.
    HELP
    Movin On Down The Line.
    Where Ever You Go.
    There You Are.
    '82'xj1100j Maxim

Sandy,

Follow this search link in the member's forum and then view the several threads about insurance posted by Canucks!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I had a bit of trouble too .I was able to get the best rate at Paul Coffee Insurance brokers in Orangeville. Kingsway Insurance I believe.
      BDF Special
      80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
      Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Hi
        join CMG for their discount with Kingsway
        as well as having a bunch-o-neat stuff CMG that is
        http://www.cmgonline.com/magazine/in...=24&Itemid=119

another one to call is
        Dalton Timmis
        http://www.homeforchrome.com/produ.html

I've been with them for a couple of years as well as the guy who bought my xs stay away from primmum they will make you gag
        there are a few of us around here that plan rides around Angel's for lunch maybe meet you there

Jim
        Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
        Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
        and SOXS
        2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Tinman
          is that a profession or a political statement ?
          I was thinking of changing my handle to tinman ,because I have just been put into the heart transplant programme at TGH
          it isn't an immediate thing but I am in the programme
          Jim
          Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
          Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
          and SOXS
          2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Dalton Timmis - Your mileage may vary.

Originally posted by hamjam
            Hi

another one to call is
            Dalton Timmis
            http://www.homeforchrome.com/produ.html

I've been with them for a couple of years as well as the guy who bought my xs stay away from primmum they will make you
            Jim
            I'm a multi-bike owning Dalton-Timmis customer and I've got mixed feelings about them. They have great prices, but depending on who you end up talking to - dealing with them can be like a visit to the dentist. If you can get Dalton Timmis-like pricing without dealing with Dalton-Timmis, I'd encourage it. Even the dealer I bought my latest bike from used a few choice words when I told him who I was using.

Like I said, hit and miss. I called a few days back and got a great quote. Now I'm trying to bind coverage and can't seem to get a call back and the 19-year old answering the phones couldn't be more obnoxious.

Tomorrow I'll go with the next best quote if I don't hear back from them and they aren't at the very least respectful to me as a repeat customer.

Meat.

Comment

Working...
            X