Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Your Local Biker Chick be a Couch Potato

Hello from Cincinnati,

It was great meeting everyone from the West Coast to the East Coast at the Rally's this year. Paul and I have been to two rallys this past year "Big Island Duce" on Vancouver Island and NC XS Rally. Both were great fun but I have to admit riding with Paul is better than running chase vehicle in a mini van.

We need your help. Paul and I have a trade off. I ride with him and he walks with me. Well the poor guy is walking 26.2 miles with me at the Mardi Gras Marathon, New Orleans, LA on February 16, 2003 for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society ( I have ridden more than 26.2 miles, over 600 miles NC weekend).

Cincinnati as in many parts of the country has been below freezing weather. Training outside in the cold, wind and snow has been very hard. Getting into shape at 40 is a lot harder than when I did it at 38. They say it's the same each time you have to fight cancer. The difference is it affects more than just the person, it affects the whole family. I am hoping with your help and ours we can raise enough money to help find a cure.

You are cordially invited to
    participate with me in a marathon
    without ever leaving
    the comfort of your easy chair or motorcycle seat!

Couch Potato Marathon

Sponsored By:
    Liz Sabo and Paul Johnson
    The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Your Marathon:
    Place: Your cozy couch or motorcycle seat

My Marathon:
    Place: New Orleans, Louisiana

Date: February 16, 2002

RSVP:
    By donation…as the spirit moves you

Write checks to: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
    Memo section write: Elizabeth Sabo or Paul Johnson

Mail all donations to:
    Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
    Accounting Department
    644 Linn Street, Suite 200
    Cincinnati, OH 45203

By February 16, 2003

TEAM IN TRAINING
    COUCH
    POTATO
    MARATHON
    MEMBERSHIP

Suggested categories of donations:

$26.20 ($1 per mile)
    Permits you to stay at home and miss the marathon!

$26.21 - $78.83
    Entitles you to skip the marathon and the 500 miles of training!

$78.64 +
    Allows you to skip all of the training and the marathon plus all of the aches and pains afterwards!

All kidding aside, your entire TAX DEDUCTIBLE contribution will be used for research, patient aid, education and service in the community for leukemia victims and their families.

Your canceled check is your receipt. Please check with your employer for matching gift programs.

Thank you for your support!

Couch Potato Marathon
Working...
X