This is depressing !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got 'er Done

The new clean out is in and it took 70 feet of snake to clear the blockage. 65 feet is how far from the back of the house an old elm tree sits right on the property line, and just a couple of feet to the side of the line, but right over the city line, assuming the city line is directly below the property line. We finally punched through and the line drained. We snaked it a couple more times just for grins. There must be roots growing through the pipe to be blocking it that far from the house. There's nothing between the house and tree. Anyway it's been back filled , and all is well. Only cost $200 to get the work done. Not too bad, I don't think.

Comment

Looks like that "Titanium Back" helped out on the digging!

I just hope you didn't drink all of my beer to get the job done.. lol.

Tod
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I inadvertently planted a willow right over my sewer line a few years ago. That took 75 foot of snake to clear out of the pipe. And now I now where my pipes run.

For you guys in Canada I spent years driving the **** out of pollution spewing cars to try and help with the cold. It hasn't even done me any good here in OK. I can't complain, but it has not made the winters any warmer than they were. I've given up on Al Gore's promise. I've got to find a way to move further south.
        79 XS11 special

Comment

Re: Got 'er Done

Originally posted by John
          The new clean out is in and it took 70 feet of snake to clear the blockage. 65 feet is how far from the back of the house an old elm tree sits right on the property line, and just a couple of feet to the side of the line, but right over the city line, assuming the city line is directly below the property line. We finally punched through and the line drained. We snaked it a couple more times just for grins. There must be roots growing through the pipe to be blocking it that far from the house. There's nothing between the house and tree. Anyway it's been back filled , and all is well. Only cost $200 to get the work done. Not too bad, I don't think.
          Hey John ... Can you even imagine what a job that would be up here in the middle of winter. Mind you with the amount of snow we have the ground has not frozen as hard as usual.
          Rob
          KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
          1978 XS500E
          1979 XS1100F Restored
          1980 XS1100 SG
          1981 Suzuki GS1100
          1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
          1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

I couldn't imagine it. You would have to thaw the ground or use a jack hammer to break it up. I don't know how y'all put up with it. I grew up in it, and I ain't growing old in it.

Comment

It's March 1st ... Right????

Unbelievable .... I just finished shoveling ANOTHER 8 inches of F...ing snow out of the lane way. Gobal warming my ASS !!!!!!
              :-( :-( :-(

Rob
              KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
              1978 XS500E
              1979 XS1100F Restored
              1980 XS1100 SG
              1981 Suzuki GS1100
              1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
              1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

It's the Christmas tree of lights

the snow apparently is taking its cue from that...

Although... we still have our lights on the house... and it's like.. what? 70 degrees and partly sunny right now...

Why is it always nice on the days that I can't ride and crappy on the days I can?
                81 SH Something Special
                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

Ha ha! (neener, neener)

Had the bike out today! It snowed last night, but what the hey. It also snowed last Sunday, right after I took it out for a spin.
                  Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                  '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

It's real, it's here,

Global warming, that is. Whether it's the hot air from Al Gore, 6 billion folks burning anything or everything that'll catch on fire, or just the Sun revving up a little (Mars has global warming too), it's happening.
                    Trouble is, it don't simply get one degree warmer, that, I (or anyone up here) would be happy about. What it does is put more energy into the weather systems so that the weather gets wilder and less predictable, with what used to be extremes now becoming the norm.
                    And John, just a tee shirt? And you didn't get arrested?
                    Fred Hill, S'toon
                    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Not really sure about that, either. Half the scientists say global waming IS here, a bout a quarter say it isn't and the rest aren's saying anything.

Just remember this is the same scientific community that tortured people for saying the earth is round, and other such revelations!

I did hear, on CBC (so it MUST be true! ) that the average global temperature hasn't gone up OR down in the last 5 years...

'05 ST1300

Comment

I don't know which side is right but we did make sure to check that our house is 14 meters higher than the sealevel....
                        ---
                        Marko
                        '81 SH

Comment

Mine is about 1000 meters above sea level, close enough to the mountains that you feel like you in them, but far enough back they could fall over and not hit the town. The river is about 20 meters lower than town, there are no fault lines, and we are not on the path to any nuclear targets!

If you remember there was an X-files episode, where this guy searched all over the US to find the safest place to live, and decided on a town in Idaho, well I live straight north of there!

'05 ST1300

Comment

If you remember there was an X-files episode, where this guy searched all over the U

Yeah, isn't that the show where the meteorite fell on top the guy?
                            Fred Hill, S'toon
                            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Heh, I think so...

'05 ST1300

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X