What's up in Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up in Texas?

Wow! I just heard that Texas is on fire. This after floods and unseasonal twisters? Whats up with my old home state? Ya'll got any good battle stories?
    Please don't turn this into a Global Warming thread. I just would like some first hand reports on what's going on down there.
    E.Liberty
    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

High winds, dry air, and dry grass. Some areas about 50 miles from me got burned pretty bad. I heard the town of Paradise got it bad. Nothing to report in the D/FW area.

Comment

All Clear in BCS

We were under a burn ban here in Aggieland, but we have been having plenty of rain. There have been no problems with fires here.

And with the hella rain storm we got this morning, there is standing water everywhere!

I am looking forward to this weekend, sunny and in the 70's! I smell a ride in my near future!

Now, what do I ride... Packmule or Kermit? Maybe both?

greg
      Gone but never Forgotten:
      1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
      2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
      2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Mailbox full

Ed Liberty, your mailbox is full so I can't answer your PM
        You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
        Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
        Drilled airbox
        Tkat fork brace
        Hardly mufflers
        late model carbs
        Newer style fuses
        Oil pressure guage
        Custom security system
        Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Imagine this, The Trans Texas Corridor, NAFTA Highway or whatever they are calling it at any certain time are Eminent Domaining ranches as we speak. This Super Highway is going right thru the former Waco compound. Hmmm, been planned a long time I think.

Texas Representative Ron Paul is fighting this and is vowing to bring a halt to the North American Union's Super Highway.

http://www.herald-coaster.com/articl...y/topstory.txt
          "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Ok Planedick, mailbox cleared.
            Others: thanks for response!
            E.Liberty
            Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
            I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Working...
            X