Closed thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed thread?

If the thread on Ron Paul is closed...and you've determined that the topic has gone off course and/or you have found it had become offensive...then what is the point of keeping it ?Politics are innane anyhow...and no matter how nice it might start it usually rears its ugly head when all is said and done...so delete it ...I really dont like to see these kinds of threads in a m/c related forum,even in the off topic discussion...I will not be a part of these anymore...so if you wanna tell me I dont have to read it if I dont click on the topic...you're damn right The idea of having a place where one can go to enjoy themselves without the constant bombardment of political BS...frankly I get enough of this crap from the media...I dont want it here.And I find it counter to what i expect from a M/C forum...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Ditto.....well said Madmax.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

When I saw the title of the thread I knew no to even look at it (and haven't). Now you've got my curiosity up .
      I'm determined to not look at that thread.
      I won't
      I won't
      I won't
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

&quot;Oh, go ahead, Pat.&quot;

We all love a good train wreck.
        Especially when the "engineer" does it to himself.
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
          07 V-star 1100
          Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

The beginning of the thread was fine and I actually found it informative. I see no reason to completely wipe it out simply because it got out of hand. If you don't like where it starts to go you can always stop reading. Also, it serves as an example of what can go wrong. Like all history, learn from it, reinforce or change it, but by all means don't ignore it.

It was posted in a non-xs topic area right? If not then I would understand it being moved or deleted.
            Looking for an XS

79 XS1100SF (RIP)
            - stock standard headers(stupid PO), slip-on after-market mufflers.
            - after-market rear shocks (PO installed)
            - no airbox, POD filters

Misery remembered is ADVENTURE!

Comment

Funny, the first day I saw it, I know that it would ultimately go to the point that it has. I was really quite surprised that it went SO long before it did. And, the without intentional instigation of one member, it seemed as though it probably would have continued on a an informative debate. This I find very impressive. We have an exceptional group of people here that even on the hot topic of politics can have a discussion from behind the protection of internet anonymity can have a civil debate.
              '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Need to clarify my point

Ok I have come to the realization that what i am most objecting to is not the poliical discussion per se...but the de-evolution of the discussion into something less than dignified.I really dont like to discuss politics but far be it for me to deny any others from their rights to express themselves... within the boundaries of decency and respect for the other points of view and persons expressing them...as was stated by others...I too actually was surprised to see the thread go for as long as it has before ONE individual ruined it for alll the rest...The only aspects of the Ron Paul thread that SHOULD be deleted are those posts that were offensive to all of us...I am sure this was not the intended result that the original poster wanted..so it would be unfair to delete the thread in its entirety...Overall I really LIKE this forum.The majority of ppl here are very helpful,knowledgeable,and respectful of one another...after all we are part of the XS/XJ1100 community...I think for the most part everyone here feels this way.Quite frankly this has been going on long before this thread started...the Mods should be credited with a lot of tolerance and patience for they put up with this "situation" for a lot longer than other forums I belong to would tolerate..Peace to all
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                X