Ride to work today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride to work today?

OK, let's see who among us has the right stuff?

It was 18 Deg F here in Newnan, GA.
    I hopped on the bike and rode to work.

Van
    03 Honda GL1800 Goldwing; 08 Honda 250 Rebel; 1979 Yamaha XS1100SF.

What's your set up. I have a full fairing style windshield. I wear long johns under my jeans and over pants. Down jakcet under my leather jacket. Neck baclava made from leg of long johns. Winter gloves, but I have to tuck my pinkies into my palms. If I leave them in the glove finger they hurt to bad to be comfortable. And thick hiking boots for feet.

Last winter I drove through it on a naked GPZ, lol... That sucked.
    79 XS11 special

Comment

It was 28 degrees here this morning. The XS was in the garage under its cover, where it stayed ,as it should be at these uncivilized temperatures
      wingnut
      81 SH (Daily Ride)
      81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
      81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
      82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
      81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Rode in to work a few times early last spring, morning low was in the low 20's if I remember....I think it was April.... I put on coveralls over my work clothes, full face lid, gloves & boots and went. it wasn't all that bad. By the way, the bike is naked. without the coveralls, my limit is about 40 degrees F. the clothes I wear to work are these flimsy uniforms, some kind of polyester or something. definitely synthetic cause they melt (cigarette burn) they have absolutely no insulating properties whatsoever, may as well be without pants. coveralls goood. have a nice day and ride safe.
        I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

I drove a 3200cc Yamaha to work today. It was 12 degrees below 0 and 15 inches of snow.
          I hate signatures. Too many cars and Bikes to list here.

Comment

Van,

I'm in Fayetteville. Why aren't you riding to Key West with us on Saturday? At least come to Melear's BBQ in Fayetteville Saturday morning for breakfast and see us off. Get there before 9 AM.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty
              Van,

I'm in Fayetteville. Why aren't you riding to Key West with us on Saturday? At least come to Melear's BBQ in Fayetteville Saturday morning for breakfast and see us off. Get there before 9 AM.
              Why?
              Work, Work Work, Work,Work, Work Work, Work,Work, Work Work, Work,Work, Work Work, Work,Work, Work Work, Work,Work, Work Work, Work,Work, Work Work, Work,Work, Work Work, WorkWork, Work Work, Work,Work, Work Work, Work
              Hows that?

Have a safe ride down there.
              I grew up in So. Fla. and it's not the same place I remember. The charm it once had is gone. The Keys are still nice but expensive.
              The crazy drivers are excessively bad. Just be careful.

Van

Comment

Originally posted by Dsxs11
                I drove a 3200cc Yamaha to work today. It was 12 degrees below 0 and 15 inches of snow.

You are the Man!

Van

Comment

And here it is. 92 Taurus SHO body by Ford Power by Yamaha.
                  [IMG][/IMG]
                  I hate signatures. Too many cars and Bikes to list here.

Comment

[i]Originally posted by Dsxs11
                    Ah, you cheated . Very smart

Van

Comment

Hi Guys,

I spent the afternoon sledging with the kids, Wife needed to take my Audi quattro (4WD!) to work this morning.

Heavy rain this evening, so it is all gone again.

AlanB
                      If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

It was -5 C here today and there's at least 3 feet of snow everywhere except the snow banks which are about 5 to 6 feet high!! The stinking city has not plowed my street in over a week ... So I drive to work in my car today
                        Rob
                        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
                        1978 XS500E
                        1979 XS1100F Restored
                        1980 XS1100 SG
                        1981 Suzuki GS1100
                        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
                        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Went out to my bike,only the tip of the extra tall windshield on my Vetter fairing was showing in the snow. I shoveled and shoveled till I was able to mount my bike to go to work,dryed off the seat,wiped the gauges clean,the turn signals and headlight clean so I would be seen.There I sat,ready to plow thru the snow for work,gloves on,full face helmet, one piece riding suit ready to be plugged into the electrical system for warmth,boots above my ankles,put the key in,push the starter button,waiting for that ever constant and reliable burst of life from the ole 1100,I knew this ride would not let me down as I had to get to work ,the company would not survive with out me.....as I sat on the bike for a couple of seconds before I pushed the starter button I thought about memories of me and this bike over the years,all that we had been thru,cold,heat and the rain......a big ole smile came across my face and I pushed the stater button and.........dang I just turned off the alarm clock and it is time to go to work...........
                          '80 XS1100 SG
                          Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

I guess I'm a lucky guy to live where I can ride nearly every day.

To all of you that must wait.... Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck

Van

Comment

Working...
                            X