Surprised By Small Group Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprised By Small Group Number

I am somewhat surprised that the number of members of the "FACE BOOK" XS1100 group is ONLY 7!!! Surely there's people here who use facebook?? If so at least make our presence known by joining that group and posting a PIC of your bike. Like it or not Facebook is a global phenomena that can if nothing else help bring attention and recognition to the BEST MOTORCYCLE EVER BUILT.
    Rob
    Last edited by 79XS11F; 12-15-2007, 11:17 PM.
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Facebook is a giant turd wrapped in tinfoil, and painted with cheap gold spraypaint.
    80 XS1100SG
    81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Not a real fan of facebook or myspace.

I am a member but found it to be the most useless tool for finding old friends that was ever invented.

Search for someone by name and you get hundreds of results but the info available is next to useless.

But I joined. Under my Nickname. Don't leave my real name or info anywhere public.
      1981 XJ550RH
      1978 XS1100E The Wildebeast
      1978 XS1100F X Streem
      1980 XS1100G (with an E motor)(parts bike)
      Jet/Mod Calculator
      Speed/Gearing Calculator

Comment

Originally posted by JWSanders
        Facebook is a giant turd wrapped in tinfoil, and painted with cheap gold spraypaint.
        LOL that may be true but it still has the attention of way too many people. Whoever it was who set up the XS11 group at facebook has included a link to xs11.com so they are likely a member of this board. In any case .. like it or not face book is indeed for the time being a place to get attention and lots of it.
        It never hurts to bring attention to a cause...
        Rob

1978 XS1100E Modified
        1978 XS500E
        1979 XS1100F Restored
        1980 XS1100 SG
        1981 Suzuki GS1100
        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Perhaps many of us do not look at XS11.com as a cause.
          DZ
          Vyger, 'F'
          "The Special", 'SF'
          '08 FJR1300

Comment

"Great idea... thanks!"

...giant turds wrapped in tinfoil, and painted with cheap gold spraypaint
            What a money saver....
            Now I don't have to buy new ornaments for the tree this year.
            "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Nice PRO. I didn't know that there was a facebook groop. Personaly I don't like it all that much. I held out untill last month when I gave in and made an account. I was forced to in order to get some homework help. Ohh well.
              United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
              If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
              "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
              "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
              Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by Dennyz
                Perhaps many of us do not look at XS11.com as a cause.
                I am not suggesting that XS1100.com is a cause. However the savings of as many of these very popular bikes as possible in a way a cause. Spreading the word about them and and their history can be done in many ways and face book is just one of them.
                Rob

1978 XS1100E Modified
                1978 XS500E
                1979 XS1100F Restored
                1980 XS1100 SG
                1981 Suzuki GS1100
                1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Not interesterd in facebook or the like.
                  80 SG
                  81 SH in parts
                  99 ST1100
                  91 ST1100

Comment

I think the point is being missed. I am not endorsing facebook. I'm just saying that given that Face book is a global Internet entity I was surprised to see such a small number of members at this XS1100 group. I never even considered looking for an XS1100 group myself until the other day on a whim.
                    I really don't think it matters if one does or does not like face book ... It just happens to be there and because it happens to be there why not join the group? It's not like anyone who does has to visit the site, interact or do anything other then join. Let our numbers be known. Many of us joined Fraper maps for a similar reason. I would bet there are groups on there for many other bike types as well. Joining the group could have no negative impact that I can think of.
                    Rob

1978 XS1100E Modified
                    1978 XS500E
                    1979 XS1100F Restored
                    1980 XS1100 SG
                    1981 Suzuki GS1100
                    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

....why not join the group?
                      While I agree that preserving 11s and XJs is a good idea, I don't like Facebook or MySpace or any of the "social networking" sites. For that matter, I don't use Google...I use Dogpile as a search engine. Reason: data gathering and privacy; look at the the recent flap on Facebook when they started posting your buying history, which has now been made optional instead of automatic. Google has been the target of Federal requests for user information, including IP numbers. My distrust of these sites outweighs any good they might do to.

All you need to do if you are interested in preserving 11s or XJs is do a web search on "xs11".
                      Jerry Fields
                      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                      '06 Concours
                      My Galleries Page.
                      My Blog Page.
                      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
                      X