Elvens F/S Any Interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elvens F/S Any Interest?

Hey all, ive been doing some heavy pondering and have decided that I may sell the elevens if the interest is there. Heres what ive got......

1980 Special w/ approx 20,000 miles
    - New paint job 2006, cranberry metallic base with silver flames
    - Vetter Sting fairing made to fit (not the best, but does look nice)
    - Superbike style handlebars
    - Carbs have had the needles shimmed and have pod filters. Also have about 500 miles on them since last major overhaul (done by a close friend who knows old carbs very well so work is all but guaranteed) Carbs have new bowl gaskets and needle seats as well. New float needles will be included but have to be installed
    - all jet work has been done to mate up to the shimming, filters and exhaust
    - Megaphone exhaust tips off of MikesXS have about 500 miles on them
    - 75miles since pickup coil fix
    - Seat recovered May 2007
    - Battery is getting old, will hold a charge if used often, but will slowly run dead if left sitting (ie - 2 weeks)
    (additional accessories will go with the bike)
    - Windjammer fairing is dark maroon in color, not a perfect match to the bike, but not like trying to mix 2 bad colors.
    - Rear luggage rack with optional trunk
    - Still have the factory airbox if anybody is interested.
    - Factory buckhorn handlebars

Asking $2500 OBO, willing to put on a few miles to deliver, but will discuss with interested buyers.

ALSO F/S

1980 Standard approx. 60000 miles
    - Grey in Color
    - 98% factory with luggage rack and a trunk that has some busted hinges, nothing a little fiberglass work wont fix.
    - (I THINK) A Jardine 4-1 Exhaust system
    - Windshield
    - Heated glove system for cold weather rides
    - Seat recovered May 2007
    - Needs second gear fix and clutch work, but will drive and drives nice. Will tend to slip out of 2nd if at WOT and clutch may just need adjustment.
    - Carbs have just a few miles on them since last overhaul, and the diapragms have been replaced.
    - New battery May 2007
    - Pickup wires have been fixed
    - ALL HIGHWAY MILES. My dad has owned this bike since new, used it to drive 30miles back and forth to work every day for 20 years

Asking $800 OBO

OR

$2900 Package Deal

Again, this is strictly an interest gathering thread. I dont need to sell these bikes, but the new Vmax's are looking pretty good to me. If somebody is willing to make a serious offer, let me know, if the price is right, they may just sell.

Contact Info
    Jarett Bauer
    Garrison ND 58540
    Cell (preferred) - 701-661-0250
    Phone - 701-337-2104
    Last edited by Bauer; 12-14-2007, 10:27 PM.
    Bauer
    1980 XS 1100 SG (The 3rd Degree) - The Cafe' Racer
    Image Photos @ http://photobucket.com/albums/f230/BauersXS11/
    1980 XS1100 G (The Trouble Maker)
    Fully stock and still goin at 65k miles

As a mulitple bike owner myself- are you selling to get enough money to buy, or selling to make room to park?

If to buy- I wouldn't sell them at all. If for room, sell the 800 dollar machine- you re much more likely to get the 8hun, but it seems that over the 1500 mark, poeple want newer unless it is a real collector, IMHO.

But you may get lucky and have someone come by instead of kicking tires give you a pile of case- been known to happen now and again!

I get so tired of tire kickers some times- but hey- nice XS-s!

Comment

Kind of a little of both, The room would be nice, and I have a wedding coming up here a about a year, so money is "trying" to be on the tight side to make things a bit easier when that day comes.

I do realize the price on the special is a bit steep, but all of that work that went into it was all done by me. And the bike has had alot of TLC, many hours of work, and probably more money than I should have put into it, but I guess thats how bad habits are. I realize that that alone does not make it worth a whole lot when it comes down to it, but I would like to see something for my labors.

I guess im most interested in selling because I want something newer, both bikes are 7 years older than me, maybe its just time to change up again.

Thanks for the comments!! nice to know it wasnt all in vain haha.
      Bauer
      1980 XS 1100 SG (The 3rd Degree) - The Cafe' Racer
      Image Photos @ http://photobucket.com/albums/f230/BauersXS11/
      1980 XS1100 G (The Trouble Maker)
      Fully stock and still goin at 65k miles

Comment

I don't think the price ranges are unreasonable or out of whack at all- it is just that sales on this kind of stuff can be awfully patience trying!

Comment

And the big thing is trying to sell them THIS time of year!! If you can wait a few months, the price IS reasonable, IMHO.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

The prices are certainly not out of line for this area (Central Texas) even at this time of year. I just sold a 1978 Honda CB400T last week for more than $1,000. It was on Craigslist for three days, I had about two dozen calls and the third person to look at it bought it - without even bartering. If that Standard was closer to me I would be sorely tempted to buy it.

Patrick
            The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
            1969 Yamaha DT1B
            Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

I like the standard but don't have the time, space, or money at this point. If if had been a few months ago it would have been a different story. Eventually I am going to pick up another standard for the collection. Eventually I want a museum floor dedicated to XS1100's.
              United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
              If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
              "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
              "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
              Acta Non Verba

Comment

By that time you might own ALL of them, Hobbyman.....
                The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
                1969 Yamaha DT1B
                Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

I've always wanted an 80 standard but I'm broke right now too.

Geezer
                  Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
                  X