Rear tire done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear tire done!

Just got through studding the tires with 11mm car studs. Pretty easy- don't need a die grinder turning 30000rpms if you have a really sharp drill bit- and simple green is even better lubricant than anti-freeze- my old fave.

old Avon compared to new metzler

but - why???
    Si Parker
    '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

I did catch the Alaska plate, You must be a motor-ciclist
      (like icicle... get it?)
      79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
      07 V-star 1100
      Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by SiP
        but - why???
        I ride all winter. This winter is going to be really fun- I plan on doing a run to Prudhoe bay from Anchorage, it might be televised, who knows?

Comment

Best of luck. My winter riding days are doen, must be getting old
          Si Parker
          '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

You forgot to add the "C" to that last word.

Comment

Re: Rear tire done!

Originally posted by CruisingRam
              Just got through studding the tires with 11mm car studs. Pretty easy- don't need a die grinder turning 30000rpms if you have a really sharp drill bit- and simple green is even better lubricant than anti-freeze- my old fave.
              I looked into this last winter, but my local cuty doesn't allow studded tires. I wondered if they would really stop me, but decided not to risk it. Besides, the cornering isn't as good when on pavement.

(I went with the "fall over more" option last winter, btw.)
              I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

Really? How do they go about restricting legal DOT gear and vehicles?

Comment

Anchorage to Prudhoe Bay.... North almost 900 miles
                  In the winter...on a scooter

you guys have way too much time on your hands in winter

mro
                  BTW, I do like Cordova, but winter there is still toooo cold for toooo long

Comment

It is just what men do.

Really- it is to set a record so we can round up sponsors for a team effort trip from Prudhoe to Argentina, trying to set a new "iron butt" record/

Comment

Working...
                    X