Kings Point UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings Point UPDATE

Well, Its been a while since I been on the site. Things are good. (I think) I am taking calc 2, chemistry, EE, Ethics, Computer Engineering, and Naval Science this trimester. I basically "walked" through my classes last tri with excellent grades. At least that will give me a good buffer for this tri. Offshore sailing season is over and it has started to get colder up here. I have joined the auto club and computer club. I am trying to persuade them to let me restore an XS up here. They don't have space for a car so a motorcycle makes sense except for the fact that we are not allowed to drive them. There are a few alum here that ride and maby I could get support from them. If I can't do that then I will just focus on playing around with other people's cars. Other than that, I just go through the daily routine. I have gotten to do some cool stuff in the past few months like work on some big diesels and play around with our vessels. Sometimes we get weekend liberty and I can go into the city. I try not to do that a lot because we usually end up spending a lot of money. It turns out that there are a lot of alumni and other out there who buy us drinks but it is still expensive. I have been home once and went on a nice ride with John and Kat (thanks for that, it was nice) Rode the 81LH.
    I have to go clean now for a class B inspection tomorrow. I will write back more later.
    United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
    If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
    "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
    "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
    Acta Non Verba

I basically "walked" through my classes last tri with excellent grades
    "Well, DUH! You're HobbyMan."
    We know your potential... That's why we dislike you.
    (Ok, maybe just me)
    Stay away from going downtown.
    Nothing good can come from it.
    (Recall Popeye's run-ins with the Sea Hag!)
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

I already figured that one out. Last month while I was out with my room mates, all of the Kings Pointers were kicked off the Long Island Railroad. Some upperclassmen was doing things he shouldn't have and my roomates and I were stuck at the station till the next morning. (that sucked a lot) I also hear a lot of stories from other plebes about "other stuff" that I would rather not get involved in at this moment. It gets old after a while hearing about it every Sunday night comming back from leave. We do have some good times on the sailing team though.
      United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
      If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
      "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
      "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
      Acta Non Verba

Comment

I also hear a lot of stories from other plebes about "other stuff"

NYC is like a whole different country (or several) depending on where your at in it. Every kinda of vice and virtue can be found. I don't mind passing thru it when I have to, but only go there when I have to.

SF is close by and I was born there. It's more city than I like and would be only burb in the big apple.

Glad to hear your doing well.

mro

Comment

Hobbyman,
          Thanks for report. Glad to hear your doing well, and that you got home & got to ride. Keep up good work & keep us posted.
          Missed you and Andrew at Talihina this year. A time for everything...

Brent in Ga
          It is a great big beautiful world out there
          Brent in GA
          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Working...
          X