Winterization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, actually, we have BOTH!!

Come to think of it, I haven't taken my battery out yet, and it has been -29C here....
    Last edited by Crazcnuk; 12-04-2007, 08:55 PM.
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Winterize time

I finally decided to "winterize." I pulled out the full gloves this morning!

But this afternoon, there was a "thaw" in Central Texas so I brought out my half gloves!

Hey, before you judge... it was 31 degrees (F) this morning! But on the way home it was 71 (F).

greg
      Gone but never Forgotten:
      1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
      2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
      2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Fill the tank up with fresh gas and stay bill. Run a fuel hose from one petcock to the other. (on a special 2 hoses) Drain the carbs. Change all oils, flush the brake system to remove all old fluid that has absorbed moisture. Clean the exhaust extremely well to prevent chrome from pitting. For me, I put wax which will rub off the chrome to prevent any pitting while it is in storage for a few years. take the battery out and put it on a trickle charger. Put a blanket over it and bike cover over that. That will help prevent ant mishaps from things bumping into it. Just make sure it is clean. Also, I plugged the ends of the exhaust to prevent moisture from entering. In the microfiche, yamaha recomends a spark plug replacement that screws in and slowly releases a chemical that prevents corrosion and rust. I use Mercruiser engine fog. You spray it in the carbs till the engine shuts off and it coats everything with a light oil. Remember, the better job you do winterizing, the easier it is to get it going again.
        United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
        If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
        "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
        "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
        Acta Non Verba

Comment

I've always wondered where you guys buy stale gas, the rest of the year!
          Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
          '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

I store a lot of gas in the garage. Sometimes I don't know how old it is.
            United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
            If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
            "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
            "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
            Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
            X