Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover Art

My cover art is complete! WooHoo!

Final edit is complete also. Going to the publisher next week!

Cover design by Dan Peters. Does he rock, or does he ROCK!

CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Looks great Dan!
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

OK, the top title a bit higher and the bootom one a bit lower... so it's in the middle between the pic and the edge.

BTW: That's not an XS on the photo... what gives?

LP
      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

strom: the top title a bit higher and the bootom one a bit lower
        It will be. Cover is a bleed, see the trim marks?

That's not an XS on the photo... what gives?
        <sniff> I know. My friend bought Well Oiled Machine this spring.
        CUAgain,
        Daniel Meyer

Comment

AWESOME Danny!!! 'Sure hope the copy I buy can be autographed.
          Greg
          '80-G [Fully dressed]
          '82 CX500 Custom [Wife's bike]
          '79 XL250-S

Comment

Nice One Danny

Glad publication is getting a move on.

So who do I order from - from over here?

Graham
            XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
            Guzzi 850
            Z1000

Comment

Greg: 'Sure hope the copy I buy can be autographed.
              I'll sign anybody's that can get it to me. I'll be around. (Come to TeXSive 2003 and save the shipping!)

Graham: So who do I order from - from over here?
              I assume Amazon.com will ship there . . . I'll let everyone know when it is available. If they won't ship there, I'll ship you one.
              CUAgain,
              Daniel Meyer

Comment

Cheers Dan .....

......will wait for the news on release
                XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
                Guzzi 850
                Z1000

Comment

Looks great Danny!!!
                  Hope it gets printed soon, I need some good reading material.
                  [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                  [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                  The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

This is me, according to an artistic friend of mine. The Dragon lives. Cool huh?

Uploading the book to the publisher Monday evening.

CUAgain,
                    Daniel Meyer

Comment

Hey Danny, very cool drawing. I like the b/w effect.
                      Is this going to be on the book cover?

Comment

Not on the cover. The front cover is on the top of this thread, back cover is a wrap of the front cover with the promo material and a small pic of your's truely on it.

The B&W will probably be the first leaf drawing (that has a term, but I cannot remember what it is at the moment). I also have about 10 other drawings to illustrate the start of each chapter. They are pretty cool too!
                        CUAgain,
                        Daniel Meyer

Comment

I thought I would take a moment out from dancing in the aisles to let you guys know I got the editorial review back on my book "Life is a Road, the Soul is a Motorcycle" from IUniverse. The book is now in the production stage and should be available in about a month.

Thought I would share some of their comments . . .

The Basics:
                          The first paragraph of this manuscript contains an excellent hook that sets the tone for the rest of the book. The author starts the book with a tender father/son moment that allows his point of view to emerge. The sentence structure gives hint to the first-person narrative writing style, and also informs the reader that the author knows what he is talking about from personal experience.

Structure:
                          The structure of this book is appealing. The author has done a good job of compiling distinct stories all of which have a common theme. The last chapter successfully summarizes the theme of this book. Great writing!

Content:
                          The content of this manuscript is well written and informative. The author effectively balances out the elements of good writing. There are excellent physical descriptions, clear characterizations, the pace changes to affect mood, there is a plot within each of the stories and a clear resolution, and the book is written with a wickedly funny tone that causes the reader to laugh out loud to the point of tears. It is written in such a manner that a person who knows nothing about motorcycles can enjoy and understand the book.

Punctuation/Grammar:
                          For a “biker guy” the author writes amazingly well. The reviewer scoured the manuscript and was not able to find any spelling or grammatical errors. The few sentence fragments did not detract from the writing, but instead effectively communicated the authors’ style of speaking. This story is told from the perspective of a “biker” and one would expect direct, incomplete sentences at times. Excellent writing.

Marketing Text (Keynote):
                          This is a great Key Note

General Comments:
                          This book is an excellent read and should be marketed to a wide audience of people. The book has a “Travels With Harry”/Charles Kuralt feel to it that will appeal to motorcyclists and non-motorcyclists alike. Who hasn’t wondered about the big, burly motorcyclist we see at the gas station or zooming by us on the highway? The reader is left thinking, “Maybe I should do that.”

This manuscript effectively conveys life lessons in a poignant and often hysterical manner. This is a great book. Keep writing!

And now, back to dancing in the aisles!

CUAgain,
                          Daniel Meyer
                          CUAgain,
                          Daniel Meyer

Comment

WOW Danny, I knew you could write a great story. That is really excellent, and I'm very happy for you. Can't wait to read it myself.

Just one thing though.

Who is this guy?!
                            Punctuation/Grammar:
                            For a “biker guy” the author writes amazingly well... This story is told from the perspective of a “biker” and one would expect direct, incomplete sentences at times. Excellent writing.
                            Soooo... jut cuus you a bikr dood, menes yu caint wriet?!!!

Well, quite frankly, I feel that is an abhorrent act of misrepresentation, and extraordinarily exclusionistic.

Ride Safe.

Comment

Great Job!!

Let us know when your book is printed, I really want to read it!!
                              Gary
                              79sf
                              78e

Comment

Working...
                              X