The Continuing Adventures of Wonderboy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Continuing Adventures of Wonderboy

When we last left Wonderboy, he was engaging in aquatic activities at the Merchant Marine Academy in New York.
    Upon returning to his hometown, a picture was taken of Wonderboy while in his super suit.

Later, we find Wonderboy in his disguise as an ordinary, everyday citizen. Still a bit XSive....

4 XSives and a Harley
    (XSives Andrew, Phil and John... HarleyMan: John, is in the background)

and finally, a pic of Wonderboy's favorite mode of transport (his recently on the road Midnight Special)... one of them anyway... with 2 friends (Something Special and Twilite Special)

Wonderboy returns to New York today... We had a nice visit, and a good ride... We are looking forward to his return for another XSive adventure...

Our prayers and well wishes are with you, Andrew. Keep up the good work!
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Nice Pics!

Looked like a good day with Andrew! Good to see him and looking so dapper!

greg
    Gone but never Forgotten:
    1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
    2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
    2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Wildkat,

Defiantly not a Wonder boy !!

We need a new handle or acronym for one of our best and brightest

How about:

GYO = Gallant Young Officer

CM = Chick Magnet

FP = Future President

Whada ya think Kat?
      Nubee

Comment

Dapper indeed!

as for a new nickname for him... he already goes by HobbyMan here at XS11... and if I did anything to change my nickname for him... he might think I didn't care for him anymore...
        Can't have that.

but you are right... nothing much boy-ish about him... except that insane need to go faster than me... We HAVE to break him of that! or get me a 'busa... one or the other...
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

"The cap needs to be pulled down a little more..."

I had almost forgotten just what he looks like... and am upset now that I remember.

HobbyMan, HobbyMan, HobbyMan....
          How empty my life has become without him or his antics here to amuse me.
          Why WildKat is so enamored by him(or is that enameled, as she paints) is beyond my ability grasp.
          But, be that as it may...
          It's good to hear that he's doing well, and you know how important that is to me.

Do well and keep in touch, Hobbyman...
          (Though not with me... the touching part, I mean. I know how you Navy types are)

Thanks to Daylight Saving's Time... I have an extra hour this morning to be abusive.
          "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Ehhhh... When you've got 20+ years on someone, they'll always be a "Boy" to you.. lol.

My parents were telling me to avoid a retirement community at all cost before at least 80 years of age. My step dad just turned 70, and he's constantly having to help people because he's the "Young Kid" down the street there. It's all relative... even if you aren't a relative.

So Andrew... Here's to you, ma' Boy!!

Tod
            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100
            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Like Burgess Meredith said in 'Grumpy Old Men' when Jack Lemon and Walter Mathau were fighting...

" Damn Kids..."

No one told me we are supposed to post pics of ourselves in our DEUs? :^)
              Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
              '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

The only reason I rib HobbyMan so much... is I'm afraid that he's "gonna make something of himself" and put people like me to shame.
                "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

He must be tired, looks like he's asleep

Since this is my Wildkitty's thread, I'll be easy on em this time (oh yeah, I had some good ones, maybe I'll PM them to Prom ).

Good to see you Andrew, lookin good buddy.

Comment

Geez, if I didn't know who really was under all that spit and polish, I would almost have to address him as "sir". No brass on the coat yet so he is just a regular "paint chipper".
                    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

sharp

Dude..... looks good little dude..... I'm impressed as I never looked that clean in my old blues!

Just cant get the hippie out of some ya know!

Good luck and kick as..... wait ooops almost forgot, family channel!
                      Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
                      S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
                      1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

Thanks everyone. There will be some real brass on there in a few years. As long as I get out of here ok and alive. I haven't decided whether to go active or stay in the Naval Reserve. I have been changing my mind a lot recently. Either way I will get a lot of experience and training. Right now they want Midshipman here to stay in the Merchant Marine Reserve and work aboard commercial ships. There are 4 other service academies to go to and the Merchant Marine is the only academy geared toward maintaining a US presence in the international shipping industry. Even if I choose to stay in the US Naval Reserve, I may be called up should more tension arise in the middle east. Who knows. If my grades are high enough, I possibly want to go Nuclear. That would set me up for some good jobs after I get out. What I really want to do is sail for no more than 10 years in the commercial industry, enough to become chief engineer and then start my own business shore side. The nice thing about sailing in the Merchant Marine fleet is that I will probably end up working 6 months on and 6 months off. This would give me plenty of time to Ride and play around with other projects while I am not working. Thanks again for the support everyone. I'll check back later tonight. More cleaning to do for inspection.
                        Plebe Andrew C.
                        United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                        If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                        "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                        "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                        Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
                        X